Let’s ride into the sunset together! Last week, we got a little insight into the differing leadership styles of Kattenburg and head stew Hannah Ferrier, but this week, I saw multiple leadership styles in just Kattenburg. She recalls one confrontation with him that led her to stop actively participating with producers. ", These Shoes Helped Me Level Up My Home Workouts, The Best Face Masks That Won’t Fog Up Your Glasses, 3 Ways to Make Your Flu Shot Even More Effective, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. "There's no HR," she says. Love you giulz! Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. He does not treat all of his deckhands the same, and he is most notably dismissive of Jen Riservato. Or there's an intoxicated guest that invites even more drunk guests on board and requests a 7-course tasting menu for the table, minutes before dinner is meant to be served.

It's spawned two spinoffs (Med and Sailing Yacht) and turned some of its crew members into bonafide reality stars. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Francesca Rubi Is the New Chief Stew on Below Deck, Chace Crawford Reveals Best 'Gossip Girl' Kisser, The Ending of 'The Queen's Gambit' Explained, A Therapist Analyzed Michael From 'The Office', Meet James Hough, the New Deckhand on 'Below Deck', Meet Elizabeth Frankini, Below Deck's Newest Stew, You've Seen Benny From ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Before, Meet Rachel Hargrove, Below Deck's New Chef, Anya Taylor-Joy Is Masterful in The Queen's Gambit, What We Know About ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Season 2. This Real Housewives Star Just Threw a Maskless Bridal Shower in a 'Drunk Wives Matter' Hat, Confederate Creators Respond to Public Criticism of the Show, Jada Pinkett Smith Revealed Her Drug-Dealing Past, La La Anthony Says She’s Like Family to Vanessa Bryant & Her Daughters Following Kobe’s Death, Matthew McConaughey Remembers Almost Dying at Age 4, Nikki Bella Says She’s Been Dreaming About Her Exes Two Weeks After John Cena’s Wedding, Ashlee Simpson Calls Her Kids ‘Future Voters’ In Adorable New Photo With Baby Ziggy Blu, Garrett Hedlund Ordered to Seek Addiction Counseling While Expecting First Child With Emma Roberts. After multiple seasons, the Bravo hit hasn't come to terms with its own gender issues.

"Welcome to the club!!!

In season six, she resisted against her leaders in a spectacularly splashy fashion. The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Cohen says she brought the issue up to leadership on the yacht, but was told to "suck it up," in more or less words. Adrienne tweeted.

Been watching regular Below Deck for a while, but only started Med with season 3. Then again, his desire to boss around the deck crew’s one gal may indicate that, as the critics claim, he’s a huge sexist. The glistening sea and the lights of Nassau can be seen in the distance across the dock in the background of the photo. But really, you need to see the ring Bryan gave to his fiancée. Booze, babes and bikinis, oh my!

Bryan laughs with the guys about their mistakes but Jens got bad posture and breathes wrong #sexist much #belowdeckmed, @Andy #BelowDeckMed Bryan is sexist. "If he called me 'sweetie,' I probably would've taken his sunglasses and shoved them up his ass. After the window incident involving Pienaar, Gerber was glad the scene played out for viewers to see. Things came to a head during its seventh season, when crew member Ashton Pienaar punched a window after being rebuffed for attempting to kiss his fellow crew mate, Kate Chastain, without her consent. (Across the series, there have been just eight female deckhands and one male stew. More: Below Deck Mediterranean crew crosses the line of professionalism.

She says it wasn't entirely inaccurate, but editing painted both her and her then leader, Ross Inia, in specific roles. I’m well aware of the way Bravo edits things to look a certain way, and I think that, right now, there is a huge effort to turn Kattenburg into the bad guy. So many adventures ahead!". "Love you Giulz! Unlike Below Deck, Med also has a female captain, Sandy Yawn. That's all.

Already can't wait for the reunion so he gets called out. That being said, I am definitely concerned about his behavior. Unlike the real world of yachting, producers cast the series and have done little to change those notions of gender roles on the show. Bryan Kattenburg, the first mate from Season 1 of Below Deck Mediterranean, is engaged.

Each of the guys apologized after the episodes aired, but viewers complained it wasn't enough. There's a swarm of mosquitos hovering around the food as the crew struggles to serve in 90 degree temperatures, for instance. She says it's common in the yachting world for roles to be split along gender-lines, as is the case with the show. Are you going to stop this?'".

But there's more to him than chopping, dicing, and causing drama. The show portrayed her as mostly outspoken, eager to put up a fight at a moment's notice. Malia White got real about demoting Peter Hunziker from lead deckhand, his being fired from Below Deck Mediterranean, and his sexist behavior.

But as annoying as she can be, she does work hard and thus deserves some credit. Things didn't fare much better, as the season was marked mostly by a vocal division between the men and women on board. Below Deck Bryan Kattenburg’s treatment of Jen Riservato is unacceptable. The Real Housewives of Potomac After Show, shouted her best wishes from the rooftops, er, we mean, Twitter, She married chiropractor Dr. Andrew Danks. The Instagram post features a photo of Bryan and his fiancée embracing as she shows off her stunning engagement ring.

And sexism is rampant in yachting because of these roles, says Cohen. Our product picks are editor-tested, expert-approved. Lauren Cohen, who appeared on the second season of Below Deck: Med, dealt with sexism first-hand, both on the show and off.

March was a great month, but especially because of this moment. "I've been told I need to be a certain size to even get an interview for certain boats or asked to dye my hair a certain color because the captain didn't like brunettes." Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras. You can also see what else is new with Bryan these days: He has recently grown a beard. This week's episode disturbed many viewers.

Most deckhands (who work on the exterior of the boat) and captains are male and most stews (who work on the interior) are female. Two former crew members, Rhylee Gerber and Lauren Cohen, share their stories from working on the show. Below Deck Season 1 chief stew Adrienne Gang also shouted her best wishes from the rooftops, er, we mean, Twitter. She married chiropractor Dr. Andrew Danks in October 2018. Still, the series can't seem to get a handle on its gender problem. By Lilian Min. Bravo's Below Deck Is In Hot Water With Fans Over Its Apparent Dismissal of Sexual Assault. Last night’s episode of Below Deck: Mediterranean was crazy, to say the least.

Setting up elaborate dinner table decorations, organizing beachside picnics, and deflating inflatable slides are all in a day's work for a yachtie, a term used to refer to a crew member working on a yacht. Went back to watch BD Med season 1, and I feel like while it was briefly discussed, Bryan's aggressive behavior was more or less shrugged off. "It's not okay in the world, much less on a boat," she told him. ... @Andy #BelowDeckMed Bryan is sexist. Here's why. ), Cohen, 30, says her experience during the second season of Below Deck: Med was tense, largely because of her working relationship with another male crew member. "He saw women as an object and he treated them like that," says Gerber of the new season.