• 3mm Hex

slotted, hex, Torx, etc).

After using Fix It Sticks’ products, I believe an investment in their tools is a good investment in your firearms. They were not perfectly matched but neither was more than an eighth of a turn off from the other. • 1/8″ Hex That’s a lot of features in one small case. But I say this loosely. Bit Fit & Torque Limiter Capability: * * * * 1/2 Just wondering what we are all using in the field for tools for those quick adjustments or repairs.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. • T-20 Pretty much what I need in a small form factor. I am a user of Fix It Sticks portable multi-tool and their torque limiters, particularly for working on firearms. I inquired about a 53 in-lb torque limiter and was told that it is a possibility in the future. The “Ultimate Kit” by Fix It Sticks has an excellent wrench, torque limiters, and case.

Precision Rifle Project Series: American Rifle Company Mausingfield, Mini-Review: Borka Tools Precision Torque Limiter Kit for AICS, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Fix It Sticks portable multi-tool and their torque limiters, Metalcloak HD Steering System for Jeep Wrangler JK, Bore Sighting: Don't Bother With Laser Bore Sighting Tools, SK Long Range Match Rimfire Ammunition Review, 55gr 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington Ammunition Comparison, Brownells (Not a Ruger) 10/22 Takedown Rifle Project, Precision Rifle Project Series: Vudoo Gun Works V-22, Bullet Choices for Precision Rifle: Slow and Heavy versus Fast and Light, Rifle Shooting with a Tripod and Really Right Stuff Equipment, Mini-Review: BCMGUNFIGHTER KAG-KM (Kinesthetic Angled Grip - KeyMod), Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, Universal AICS custom made 3/16″ ball end hex 4″ long bit. While it comes with a small/standard length 3/16″ hex bit, the kit is designed for the AICS due to the inclusion of the 4″ long 3/16″ hex bit. is a bit bulky by comparison, whereas the Fit It Sticks is very flat. • T-30 Borka Tools actually sells a torque limiter kit specifically for the AICS so I ended up ordering one.

The original Fix It Sticks multi-tool is essentially two shafts with bit drivers on both ends, that can be joined together to form a T-handle. Compact and light weight (under 6 ounces), rugged, highly consistent and accurate torque driver has all metal construction. They are available in 15, 20, 25, 45, 49, 65, and 70 inch-pound configurations.

The Borka Tools kit that I ordered comes with: The torque limiter is in the form of a 3/8″ drive socket with a 1/4″ hex female adapter. The torque limiter itself is significantly larger than the Fix It Sticks torque limiter (over two times the length), so comparatively speaking, the Borka Tools torque limiter kit is large.

I bet it works well, but the cost (if you are buying it for the torque adapters) is stunningly high.

Unless attributed to the respective copyright holder, all photos and images are property of ocabj.net | JOCAB Media. I just don’t have the capability or background knowledge to make this type of assessment. The kit itself when you put it all in the provided nylon pouch doesn’t take up more than a few rows and a single column of PALS webbing. My two complaints are that there is no retention strap for the fourth block of bits in the “Ultimate Kit” and the Malice Clips take more time than desired to detach the kit from a host set of PALS webbing. Overall: * * * * 1/2

© 1999-2020 ocabj.net All Rights Reserved. The audible click is very soft and can be somewhat tough to hear or feel, but not impossible or problematic if you’re paying attention.

Not too bad on price.

• 1/2″ Socket.

Fixit Sticks in the range bag.

When we get down to brass tacks, a Fix It Sticks Combination kit can range from $112.00 for a set with two torque limiters to $167.50 for a set with four; Replaceable Edition wrench, bits, and Basic Pouch included in all. It needs a different selection of bits and a fourth elastic retention loop for bits in the case.

Sixteen bits is a decent number, however, absent is a Phillips bit of any size and there is only one slotted bit, which I found to work for most windage and elevation adjustments, but well undersized for any standard firearm screw that requires torque. But I say this loosely. Case: * * * * 1/2 I have been using the same Craftsman ft-lbs torque wrench for my vehicles for 15+ years and it hasn’t been checked out (I should probably throw it out and buy something new and better). Sixteen good-quality bits are included in the Ultimate Kit. They are small and compact, and I can carry several in a small pouch that takes up a lot less space than a torque driver or wrench would, but also still have the capability to use the Fix It Sticks tool as a regular driver (without torque limiting capabilities). Real Avid's Gun Tool Amp is dope too. The T-wrench is the foundation of Fix It Sticks kits and there are several to choose from. After a few hundred clicks on each limiter, I did a second test and the results remained consistent. This allows you to build a kit over time, try the torque limiters individually with other tools, or give components as gifts. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The ratchet drive handle is a compact 3/8″ drive wrench. Unfamiliar with the company, I dug into their offerings and found that they are well-known in the cycling community for their simple, functional, and reliable pocket-sized T-wrenches and tool kits. The bits are good quality and reliable but with some play in the T-wrench. Gun Tool in my EDC pack. • 1/16″ Hex The Deluxe Case has a host of features that make it worth the purchase. And as with the wrench, the bit retention magnets are very strong.