With its 382-hp turbocharged inline-six, BMW's semi-spicy compact sedan lives life on fast forward. Mercedes Benz C43 stands as one of the toughest competitors of the M340i. Under the hood, it is unmistakably a Bimmer as it is powered by a smooth yet utterly powerful straight-six engine producing 382 horsepower. It feels like by the time you're fully in the passing lane, it's already time to pull back to the right.

The 7thgeneration model of the BMW M340i has its work cut out with competitors like the Mercedes-AMG C43, Audi S4, and INFINITI Q50 Red Sport 400. If you are looking for a strong companion then the BMW M340i is a perfect choice, else the Audi S4 comes with enough luxury and comfort features to make it valuable.

Break-in times may be less depending on use and care.

The upcoming model is expected to follow the same recipe. Voice and gesture control are a major plus point. Although the M340i is the sole trim that is offered, you can still choose between the RWD and AWD versions. It packs in the practicality of a regular family sedan and provides you with extra optional features and two new shades for 2021.

Vehicle images are guides only and may not reflect the model's exact specifications/features– exact specifications/features should be confirmed with the seller.

At that point you can start to gradually increase your self-imposed redline until that magic 1,200 miles mark when you can also touch redline now and again. The Ownership cost may slightly be towards the higher side as a BMW has expensive after-sales services but on a positive note the M340i does not ask for much and there is no vehicle in this class with such high-quality that provides an enjoyable ride experience. The fuel mileage for the 2021 BMW is still to be known while the current model is capable of giving fuel specs of 22mpg in the city and 30mpg on the highway with a maximum fuel capacity of 15.6-gallons. The M340i starts at approx. With only 800 miles to go until that 1,200 mark, I may just make it without laying down black marks.

The capacity to fill the role of a sporty b-road carver and consistent cruiser makes it a sweet spot fulfilling sports vehicle. Audi S4 is clearly more luxurious and classier but it has managed to excel in terms of looks and comfort only, as the performance is not energetic and the weakness under the hood can be felt out on the road.

$54,700 and carries guaranteed luxury and comfort. The dimensions and numbers have ballooned up, especially the curb weight of 3800 pounds but in terms of size it feels just perfect. The Engine: The official line by BMW on the 1M is to keep it below 4,500 rpms until 1,200 miles. A plethora of features are offered in the BMW including Bluetooth Connectivity, a Navigation system, Apple CarPlay, and an optional 16-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound system. Although the 2021 BMW M340i is yet to receive safety ratings from the NHTSA and IIHS, the 2020 model was appraised as the top safety pick from the IIHS. From the December 2019 issue of Car and Driver. 2020 BMW M340i Is a Rocket of an Everyday 3-Series. The BMW M340i comes in only one trim which is luxurious and well-equipped. This German beauty comes equipped with a premium luxury sound system, smart device integration, and a variety of exterior color options that enhance the look even more. The performance is smooth and calm. The 13.7-inch front rotors and a well-managed thanks to a suite of electronic nannies. A BMW badge is enough to guarantee class, quality, and performance. Gabriel Bridger 2020. The rear-drive version (all-wheel drive is optional) hits 60 mph from a standstill in 3.8 seconds and its 30-to-50-mph passing time of 2.4 seconds is in league with vastly more powerful cars. The cabin of the M340i is all luxury, with top-quality material and oodles of tech.. With a 5-seating capacity, the sedan manages to provide equal comfort for the rear seats as well, with heated seats and rear AC controls. The BMW M340i is the performance version of the BMW 3-Series. You can get a 503-hp inline-six in the X3 M and X4 M, and even in the humble 3-series, the not-quite-full-M-treatment 3.0-liter inline-six makes 382 horsepower in the M340i tested here. With the 2021 BMW M340i, this German Automobile manufacturer provides a route to relive the legacy of luxury and comfort all packed in a sporty sedan. The second is that you simply drive the car how you would normally from day one. It's a massively engaging vehicle that will make you take the long route home from work and can be lovely for smooth drives in the city. But none more than the first 400 miles.

INFINITI Q50 which has the most powerful engine in this section fails to give a sense of real competition to its rivals in this segment with average fuel figures of 19mpg in the city and 26mpg on the highway and even the C43 shows similar results. This is exactly what a 3-series should feel like—on fast forward. Engine Wear. We ‘ve been asked that question many times over the years by readers.

The RWD version gives a pleasant and satisfactory performance but with a slight difference in the price, you can go for the AWD version which provides a more refined performance and allows you to enjoy the ride throughout the year.

The sophisticated independent rear suspension feels refined and offers a predictable handling. The motor is particularly reliable and bulletproof and this is the reason why Toyota went ahead with putting BMW’s B58 turbocharged inline six engine in its GR Supra.

The BMW M340i is the performance version of the BMW 3-Series. Despite the unexpected drag-strip bent, the 2020 M340i is still very much a 3-series, as the species is commonly known. No stick is available with any 3-series engine until the next M3 arrives. The M340i gets a set of full LED headlights and taillights, the traditional Hofmeister kink on the C-column, and a couple of twin round chrome exhaust tips and a low and wide stance at the back polished off in chrome. The sedan never feels handful or intimidating especially when coupled with the xDrive AWD system. There is a long list of safety features that are offered but most of them are provided in packages.

14-way power-adjustable front sport seats.