thanks.

Anyone know if this will cause issues with airbag deployment? Wondering cause if not, there's a chance airbags won't deploy properly. Looking for the same myself.

having this problem and would like to code it off. Again, over complicating the problem but.. Yeah see if you can get someone to do it quickly for you. The generic code readers are just about useless on our cars . The two wire resistor deal is to substitute for the igniter device that is a part of any pyrotechnic piece (airbag, seatbelt, etc).

That or try to run a windows virtual machine on your Mac...I have to do the same on my win 7 laptop.

A forum community dedicated to BMW owners and enthusiasts. i don't see any of these lines in either the SSBF or SSBA modules, do i have to add those lines or what. 06 750i - Blk/Blk, Sport pkg, premium pkg, comfort access, ent pkg, convience pkg, 21's, sold. JavaScript is disabled. the option to disable the seat occupancy sensor both contain "oc3" (set to nicht_aktiv) both in ABG module of course. I have a light for driver side on.

I unplugged my seat mat and turned OC3 off in my airbag module. My rear seat headrest go up and down whenever they feel like it.

I'm thinking of picking one up at Autozone or Napa today, any suggestions? +1.

Once you code the seat occupancy sensor out of the SSFA module you can clear the errors and the airbag light will remain off. If you are writing to the module successfully there is no way for it to revert these options.

Coding is the better option.

So there is no reason to try to "save For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

if anyone has links to save me some time that would be great.

You will need: Airbag occupancy sensor bypass unit Maybe some tape/zip ties Snips Okay first up you need What I'm doing wrong? the rest of the airbags are good.. thanks. err wait found some the page, ill have to find a windows laptop though, damn macs. maybe best bet is to poke around and see if anyone in edmonton is doing coding these days. In my opinion ,, I have both options , but the software is more bang for you buck and costs the same as BMWhat and can do more in depth diagnosing . Did you ever make a 3 wire emulator?

Where in Toronto are you? Usually when its hot out. But something did go in because the passenger light was off for 20 sec before I cleared errors with INPA. Any way, on with the DIY! Maybe then module is reset when you are reading it or something. or ill post again in a bit. This, however, wasn't an issue for me and is way better than the £480 BMW wanted to fix it. What you are saying does not make much sense. anyone in toronto that could code this out for me? I had the restraint system fault on my 2002 E65 735i, and I bought a bypass sensor, as a lot of people seemed to think it was a quick,cheap fix. is there a way to reset air bag light and seatbelt message on by 745li without having to buy models.... both front airbag are deployed and passanger side seatbealt is locked. Bringing the BMW community together. Please help me, I'm in toronto and both my passenger and driver restraint systems have restraint faults.

Bringing the BMW community together.

Come join the discussion about Bimmerfest events, production numbers, programming, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Seat Mat Emulator is designed as a quality alternative to bypass faulty seat occupancy mat/pad sensor and turn off the airbag light. The upholstery looks exactly as it did before I started and fault

Or I'm a wrong?

It really wasn’t all that difficult and took about two hours.

i can pay of course for it! The only stupid question is the question never asked. Online? Because they are not BMW specific. Has anybody that's done the procedure checked if their seats are constantly occupied or not. Come join the discussion about Bimmerfest events, production numbers, programming, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Is one driver side and one passanger? Probably I can help you out and code it for you. BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > help looking for 3wire passenger occupancy bypass diy? As promised here is a DIY for replacing the passenger occupancy sensor matt. Will restraint system have any issues in an accident or any other problems? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Get BMWhat or DIS ,INPA software .

However, I believe the drivers side sensor is used for other things - like locking the gearbox into park when unoccupied to stop the car driving off if you happened to get out/fall out without putting it into park first.

Takes a little $, research and time to get it done but you can achieve your goal and more. A forum community dedicated to BMW owners and enthusiasts. Quick question guys.

There was a mod with two diodes, IIRC, but it was for a 90ish 6 series.

The occupant weight sensor module sends it signal via LIN and no simple component is going to mimic that signal to the SRS module.

I disabled the driver side sensor and as expected the code isn't coming back. Nobody puts children in the front seat (that is even illegal now I think), and the car is in 99% cases totaled if an airbag is deployed. If anyone is having the issue with the seat occupancy sensor, you can code this option out using NCS.

General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=coding+airbag, Recommend this as a feature on the BimmerPost Homepage.

I see them in Ebay Europe for $50, but I'm sure one can be made for less than $5. Passenger Seat Occupancy Mat Bypass For BMW 3 Series E90 Airbag Sensor Emulator | eBay

Did you pull the fault codes before trying to fix anything on the car ? Coding would be a better option imo. And a quick note for those people that bypass the seat occupancy sensor - it may be OK for the passengers side as all the airbags will go off in the event of an accident. Thread Tools Search this Thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2UqGJ_LK3Y, http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-TOO...hash=item3a8e4b29e7&item=251495393767&vxp=mtr, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada.

The seat occupancy detection is a useless feature of BMW. Don't know if it will work. Would hate for the airbags not to go off properly though.

:thumbup: I just use one the seat belt clips when necessary. I think I will go the software route. the 3 wire appears to have an addition of a ground wire. I think you might find something by searching for "passenger seat Emulator" or something like VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada.

Seat Occupancy Mat Sensor Emulator. ooo ok i have not looked this route, i will try and research this route today. BMW's have too many codes for the generic readers .

My rear seat headrest go up and down whenever they feel like it. Will this work for a short? hope it helps someone. Thanks for the reply! LiterAlly takes less than 5 minutes to code that out.

Every time they are reset at Indy they come back several 100kms later. Yes I did read it and was not there. I’m happy with the results.

Like $5 on ebay. I have the airbag and seatbelt lights on the dash so I followed the DIY video for the simple diode and resistors bypass -->.

JavaScript is disabled. Hey guys had the light pop up on me lately, and have been scowering forums but havent been able to see a diagram of how to make your own bypass for the 3 wire sensor, in the 2006 bmw e90. But it didn't work for me.