If you haven’t read our post about choosing a fly rod for Pike, find it, Large and light is a common theme in flies made specifically for Musky.

If you hook a Musky with the wrong gear, chances are a fly rod is going to blow up in your face.

Drop us an email at [email protected] or call us at (888) 413-5211. Most anglers prefer a 10wt or 11wt and some even use a 12wt for big fish. Sign Up, FaceBook Many anglers fish one fly rod for both species. This phenomenon is shared by Pike and can be incredibly frustrating on the water. I am on the hunt for a 10 wt. Black River Rods - Designed by Musky Anglers for Musky Anglers. Black River Rods, Oshkosh, WI. Something went wrong. These are massive rods and casting them all day isn’t easy especially if you’re casting 10,000 times to get a single fish to eat. This might be a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. These are massive rods and casting them all day isn’t easy especially if you’re casting 10,000 times to get a single fish to eat. On the Road Rods with increased length are easier to stick deep in the water and lead to more hookups boat side. Meridian for tarpon, other than the reel seat comes loose easily with Tibor reel.

Musky are moodier, rarer, and often more difficult to catch than Pike, especially the larger fish. People were very impressed with them I know Rollie has the rods in stock. i think you'll find that their casting lineup offer a nice range of options.

Get the best deals on Muskie Rod Casting Fishing Rods & Poles when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com.

Carrot Stix CASTING 7'6" XX HEAVY Wild Black Flipping Fishing Rod C2WZ761XXH-F-C. $129.99. A rod 8 1/2 feet will cast farther and have more flex when fighting fish. I have one of their top n tail 8 footers an like it. The Thomas & Thomas Exocett Predator is a phenomenal rod designed specifically for Musky fishing.

After my musky gear was stolen last fall I purchased 2 black river rods and will be purchasing a third this spring at one of the shows.I really liked the feel of the rods and ended up putting 7 fish in the boat with the jerkbait rod. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. I ended up ordering a St. Croix 8.5' slingblade rod with the split grip, should be a nice rod.

While these are not trollers, they will give you another view of the product. The recommendations, considerations, and rationale from that article also apply when choosing a fly rod for Musky so I won’t restate those insights. Participant. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!! They will also have the rods at the Minnesota show and at the New London show. Having that longer rod also helps create more effective hooking angles when a Musky eats coming at the angler, at the end of the strip, or boat side. Sign in or Create an Account. This approach is a surefire way to develop muscle soreness, fatigue, and poor casting performance on the water.

Write for Us This rod is lightweight, incredibly durable, strong, and has an increased overall length for boat side hookups. Some 1-piece rod options that I’ve used and like: – Berkley Lightning Rod 7’0 Heavy $40 – Black River Live n’ Troll 8’0″ Heavy $100 – St. Croix Premier Glass 8’0″ Heavy $210.

Larger rods are built for quickly picking up and putting down fly line, so a 10wt or 11wt is the best option when enticing these stubborn predators. Photo by Joe Goodspeed, Thomas & Thomas Fly Rods.

Musky, however, have a smaller range that includes the Great Lakes and water as far south as Tennesee.

@outdoorsfirst This process is automatic. Rollies will have the full line up at the Milwaukee Musky Expo. 226 likes. Good rod for the price. OFM Partners And I also use it for a flat line when trolling but would probably tell you to not to put a board on it for there is not enough flex in the rod to deal with that...Now I know its not suppose to be a trolling rod but it worked great all season for me and my Budget. Instagram

Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions Kleck. i would say its quite like the SC in the same length/weight but cheaper. After reading a few other threads from guys looking for a nice cheaper all purpose rod, I think I might go a different route or try one of their other rods that is meant to be casted. That being said, there’s a reason Musky are considered ‘the fish of ten thousand casts’. A Grade cork handles. Submit a Press Release At the New London show I will be buying the 8'6'' at New London show for myself.

Large and light is a common theme in flies made specifically for Musky. Let’s start with some advice from the rod designer at T&T, Joe Goodspeed, who’s spent countless hours targeting Musky with a fly rod and designing fly rods specifically for these large predators. There’s one Musky rod on the market that’s better than the rest.

From what I know it's a moderate action, 35% glass, 65% graphite. While a 9wt is the most common fly rod for Pike, Musky require larger flies and a larger rod.

Wish they made a 9' and I would no doubt own a few more. Vexan Big Game Inshore Rod.

Lastly, rod strength and durability make a big difference. I have 7 of the Trolling Rods and used them all fall after getting them in September. Search. Thanks. A rod with a fast action and a strong rod blank will allow the angler to efficiently strip, pick up line, recast, and strip again when a fish doesn’t eat. @outdoorsfirst Visit us today at www.BlackRiverRods.com! Amazingly light weight for low fatigue musky fishing. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!! But i’m sure there good rods too. Musky also tend to eat larger flies that move a lot of water so fly choice and technique differ a bit. Having the rod in the water allows the angler to add movement to a fly and keep it in the water as long as possible to give a following fish enough time to eat. Cart 0. Did manage to catch about 10 smallmouth but nothing with any size. Might just have to make a trip over there!

[])-[])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(+!! It is always great to hear from guys that are actually using the gear you are thinking of purchasing. Having a little extra length on a fast action rod to keep the rod tip deeper in the water on the retrieve and to make deeper movements boat side than a 9-foot rod is probably the most important factor for me to get pressured muskies to bite flies. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Flies that are large and light are difficult to cast, especially in high winds. My gripe is, first of all, that they nixed the Techna line. While a 9wt is the most common fly rod for Pike, Musky require larger flies and a larger rod. This fly is intricately tied with a variety of techniques that are easy to learn and fun to use in a variety of other streamer patterns. View cart for details.

On the Road Many rods aren’t designed to absorb the shock of a Musky that eats at close range then turns its head.

View cart for details. Second, they don't have just a whole lot of variety in that new lineup, at least according to the literature there and their website. I use it to troll, love the rod! Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. Fuji TCS or PSSLD Deluxe reel seat with black hood.

Other considerations include the Scott Meridian, Echo EPR, Winston Boron III Plus Jungle, Sage Igniter, T&T Exocett SS, and the G. Loomis Asquith. The lightest action you can get in a 8' or better is HEAVY.

Submit a Press Release If you haven’t read our post about choosing a fly rod for Pike, find it here. MOJO MUSKY CASTING RODS feature: Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) mandrel technology.

Tune in as Jared provides step-by-step instructions to tie this productive wet fly.

[])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time, {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. We spend a lot of time testing gear and writing reviews to give you all of the tools to make your next trip a success. I would get a rod that was designed for casting, I don't know about Black River Rods but the rods that I use, the trolling rod is a slow action, made of glass and heavy. Our new Vexan® Inshore Rods lineup is designed to meet your exact needs for casting and perfect pres.. $199.99 . This ‘follow but don’t eat’ phenomenon also means Musky are often hooked close to the boat. ... 8'6" Medium Heavy Musky ERX Casting Rod by Elk River Custom Rods. 229 likes. With thousands of acres of water, though, the toothers can be few and far between. Sign Up, FaceBook While the two species are hugely similar and the decision process when choosing a fly rod for both species is also similar, the two species do have some differences.

Condition yourself; many anglers buy a rod and unwrap it on the water during their first Musky trip. Custom spinning, musky, fly, and ice rods, fishing reels, clothing -Fishing Guides for panfish, walleye, pike, bass, and musky. There's basically 4 non-glass rods, ranging from 7'6" to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