While most users will use this feature for multi-track recording, once configured, the channel faders can even be used as a DAW controller. On the rest of the channels you only get a regular 3-band EQ plus the low-cut. It's really important to understand this routing before you move on because you need to know what instrument or what vocal is going into which input. If you are looking for a way to record audio from the Behringer X32 and play it back internally without the need for an external computer, you should check out the Behringer X-Live Expansion Card. You can record a full live band and overdub up to 16 tracks, without ever touching a computer. All of this barely begins to scratch the surface of what DN32-LIVE can bring to your M32/X32 console.

Where are you located? A multi-track recording gives you the ability to capture all the individual vocal and instrument tracks within your worship band, so that in post-production you can process those individual tracks and then mix them all together so it sounds professional. Could I use the USB card on that and run it remote into the x32? i want to use it to make a pre mix and finish it off in my daw. The great thing is that it’s affordable, most gigging bands can afford one or even a musician who is recording at home and needs a step up in quality and channel count from his regular audio interface. I can always call the audio company back out if I have major issues. This mixer comes with the MIDAS preamps, which are Behringer’s Phone Hours |

I always recommend going with the Behringer X32 line of digital consoles. The Behringer X32 is a 40-input compact mixer that features a 32X32 Audio Interface, meaning that you can record 32 separate tracks on/to your DAW. Does not have support for macOS Catalina or higher! HELP! These mixers are usually far more expensive than regular ones, and for a home studio you probably don’t need them anyway. This item usually ships within 10-20 days after your order is placed. It’s clearly been made to last and to be road tough. So all I'm able to edit from the FOH mixer is overall volume of the backing tracks. mono) multi-effects processors including delay, reverb, and all the traditional This comes in handy if you are rehearsing with your band and you want to play the song you are practicing at the same time or if you need to play some music during the breaks. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Pro Mons/FOH - Tickling the Clip Lights - Chicago. Hi, nice article! Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700. All Rights Reserved. Cymatic Audio’s uTrack-X32 expansion card for the world-class M32 and X32 family of consoles is fitting snugly into the expansion card slot of the M32/X32 console, the uTrack-X32 adds full multitrack capabilities, completely independent and non-intrusive to your console’s mixing operations. They both allow for 12 or 22 multi-track recording respectively.

At our church, we plug in all of our vocals and instruments into our stage box. I record 8 individual tracks at once into Reaper using my Zoom R16 over USB. Any information or links would be very helpful. On the sound console: Routing > Card Out tab. Since both our console and stage box are digital, it makes it so much easier for routing all of our channels and recording them. ones, as well as a 31-band graphic EQ. tablet or iPad. 2nd time out with the X32, client comes up with a recording request, dont commit but what the heck. Hit play and now it is recording multi-track. It does everything you need it to do, be it recording a live band, rehearsals, or even just for doing some solo home recording, this mixer will do everything while still being very easy to use and intuitive. I now removed it from the post. Free downloads of the Lexicon MPXL native plug-in and Ableton Live 9 Lite.

Or, you might need to prepare live backing tracks in your DAW and then transfer them to an SD card in real time, while setting performance markers on-the-fly. Went back up to the church on Tuesday and got everything set up. Keep in mind that with any "Virtual Soundcheck" you do not have any open mics in the room interacting with the sound system and depending on your band set up you do not have any volume coming off the stage. i would also really like to know wich of these mixers allows me to record seperate audio tracks to my daw with the effects (or just eq/panning) from the mixer. These are really responsive and feel great! Page created in 0.548 seconds with 24 queries. Both can be connected to the PC via USB but the regular ones only offer two channels … Brian Wahl. Just download Reaper and call it a day for your DAW. While most users will use this feature for multi-track recording, once configured, the channel faders can even be used as a DAW controller. But I want to be able to edit the volume of each sound in the tracks independently. Just send groups of the same instrument out of each bus (drums out 1, guitars out 2). Looks like you are on your way to getting it straightened out, but I wanted to throw this out there. shouldn’t run into any troubles, but if you need more then you can simply use You can, however, use an external one for this.

The sample rate and bit depth are 24-bit / 96kHz which is perfect for home recording applications. Not sure if you can change the output routing per channel on Gradgeband or not. Church and H.O.W. ducking open mics. Just think about it, no external wiring or computer issues – everything you need in a single location.

You can use one with a built-in audio interface, but unless you need all the tracks a mixer has to offer, then it makes much more sense to go with an Audio Interface.Mixers that can do multitrack recording are also very expensive. DN32-LIVE Remote Control This one is different from the other ones on this list because it provides 5 headphone outputs and you can create different mixes for each one of them. At our church, we use the Midas M32 R digital sound console along with the Behringer S32 digital stage box.

through the X-Air App. These mixers have a nice feature that they call the “super channel” which basically gives you all the inputs on one channel that you could possibly need, RCA (for CD and DVD players), a 1/8” mini jack (For plugging in your phone or anything else you’d like) and even Bluetooth to pair the mixer with your phone. Really helped to start my search for a budget mixer that still packs a punch. This enables you to overdub in the studio or to play backing tracks, etc. Recording X32 to a computer. At the time of writing this article you could get the Alesis multimix fx 2.0 which allowed for multi-track recording, now sadly discontinued. All of DN32-LIVE’s functionality and transport controls can be controlled remotely via PC, Android* or iPad* apps, assignable controls or compatible hardware control surfaces, such as the BEHRINGER X-TOUCH. There’s also a bigger version which supports up to 20 channels. The USB connection on your X32 can be used to record audio and MIDI to a DAW. In Pro Tools: Set Up > Playback Engine > Select the mixer for your audio device. For example, you may want to play back your recorded session from an SD card and record the tracks via USB into your favorite DAW for post-processing. ✅Essential training and classes to grow and operate your tech team, ✅Specialized insight from me in our group coaching sessions, ✅A community of other Worship Tech School students. One issue though, which is quite a big deal actually, is that only channels five and six can provide phantom power for condenser microphones. If you absolutely need a super versatile console, then the Behringer X32 might be the right one; However, in most cases I would recommend one of the first 3 I listed on this post. If you think that you are going to need an upgrade in the future, simply get a mixer with a higher channel count, you will be saving money in the long run.

So check out the course library, sign up to join and we’ll connect.

Thanks to digital mixing consoles becoming much more affordable and accessible, it’s easier than ever to capture a high quality multi track recording for your band. This Mixer is a standalone multi-track recorder and a 2.0 USB computer audio interface as well as a battery powered field recorder. Your payment will be charged after completing checkout. Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. This mixer is also a lot more affordable than all the previous ones on this list which is a clear pro. First we'll assume you have an interface, or have created a new aggregate device, that offers you two or more channels of audio input.Audio interfaces may offer dozens of channels of input, which GarageBand can use on any of up to 8 tracks at once.