Italian and French (Béatrice): from a medieval female personal name borne in honor of a 4th-century saint, martyred together with her brothers Simplicius and Faustinus. It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "voyager (through life)". :).

As one of its meanings is "bringer of joy", there may be no more apt a name for a newborn girl. , Australian Beatrice, on the other hand, feels gentler and more classic. I'd get it if you were saying bee-trice, but beer is bee-er to me.

. Source: Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press. this is such an old person name lol hate it, i realy love the name Beatrice when i got to no the meaning is not really the pronouciation of a name that matters but its meaning.

Personally like Beatrice, but I can see why you don't like harsh sounding syllables in names. Our Baby Namer - Origin and Meaning of Baby Names, Books, Gifts, Beatrice ~ Saint, Much Ado About Nothing character. , German Beatrice is far more popular in the UK.

, Italian I really, really don't like this name and I'm not sure why. Its one of my all time favourite names. It's a lovely name, but whenever I read it I read "Beat Rice" beat as in winning, and rice as in the grain.

Within census records, you can often find information like name of household members, ages, birthplaces, residences, and occupations. The meaning of Beatrice is "bringer of joy, blessings". Enchanting yet popular, the name is a great blend of character and flair.

Beatrice is also among the relatively rare girl names starting with B that has a lot of current style value. I pronounce Beatrice "beer-triss". And in Dante's epic poem The Divine Comedy, Beatrice is his guide through Paradise and is idealized as the embodiment of the spirit of love. Use census records and voter lists to see where families with the Beatrice surname lived. 189443 numbers of people were named Beatrice so far in last 100 years. Beate (Irish) Beatrice is generally used as a girl's name. I've fallen in love with this name recently! Beatrice has some competition with more exotic Beatrix and Beatriz these days.

I've actually reversed my position since I made the post. But I like Beatriz or Behati more. Beatrice is generally used as a girl's name. I used to not like it too much, but then I decided I did. I love Beatrice, I think it is so lovely and feminine. Trying to like this name but I think I like Beatriz more. My nicknames were and are Beah and for fun, Beetroot. But mere rhymes with deer. version of the Late Latin name Viato that means “traveler or voyager”.

Other variants of the name include the French Béatrice and the Spanish and Portuguese Beatriz. The ratio of birth mark among babies is very high i.e. Beatrice is generally used as a girl's name. (Italian) I love this name so much! In contrast, the year before it ranked 558 in baby name popularity for girls with 548 occurrences. The most Beatrice families were found in the UK in 1891. and Moon sign associated with the name Beatrice is Saggitarius. (German) Normally, people with the name Beatrice are very active. Her name was originally Viatrix meaning ‘traveler’ (a feminine form of viator, from via ‘way’), a name adopted by early Christians in reference to the journey through life, and Christ’s description of himself as ‘the way, the life, and the truth’; it was later altered as a result of folk etymological association with Latin beatus ‘blessed’. The name Beatrix is a girl's name of Latin, Dutch origin meaning "she who brings happiness; blessed". Beatrice is the Italian language variant. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Beatrice, try our name generator. One thing I love about the name is that it's classic, but still fairly uncommon. Beatriz So many nicknames for this one; we call our Beatrice, Bea, Beets, Beets-a-pizza (Little Cesar's commercial), Beezus, Sweet Bea, Bebe, Eat Rice (which I do not love, but that my husband thinks is funny) :). Also known as āgrahāyaṇī, is a professional American tennis player. For the veterans among your Beatrice ancestors, military collections provide insights into where and when they served, and even physical descriptions. If they rub the dot, they are aware, else not.