2 rolls ready- made shortcrust pastry, defrosted, 2x 100 g logs of chevin (goat’s milk cheese), 4 large potatoes, boiled until soft in the centre – but not mushy. Then, rub the meat with a seasoning mix for extra flavor. Method:

Hierdie quiche sal ’n gunsteling word. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Stir over low heat until thickened. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/94\/Make-Biltong-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/94\/Make-Biltong-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Never thought you could use biltong (similar to beef jerky) as a pate. Now pour the crushed coriander seeds onto a flat surface and press each steak, both sides into the crushed coriander and powder. And you know exactly what you put into it, how it’s done and can adjust the taste and texture according to your own likes and dislikes. Or even better, read on to discover homemade biltong! Top each serving with a generous sprinkling of grated biltong. My family loves it and I’m so happy that I can share this with them and now you. Hang up the biltong to dry for a few days. I advise to tilt the cutting board/plate or whatever you have left your meat on at an angle so that any excess moisture can run off. A sharp knife is all you need to cut the biltong, they can be quite hard depending on how dry you made them. I have never tried this but it looks delicious and you piqued my curiosity. Mix the salt, brown sugar, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, black pepper and coriander seeds together. 8 baby pita breads; a few sprigs of fresh thyme; 2 Tbs olive oil; To Serve: 50 g biltong, sliced; wild rocket; Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C. Put dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together well. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. 1kg Silverside Beef (you can use rump or other cuts of red meat, but I usually stick with beef) x. Different use of spices – while biltong keeps it simple, jerky can involve any and all of teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, chilli powder, soy sauce and corn syrup – there is almost always an element of sweetness which biltong definitely does not have. It tastes amazing! This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8b\/Make-Biltong-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8b\/Make-Biltong-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Oct 21, 2014 - A3Recipes main page illustrating all recipes.

Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, then allow to cool. Before serving, sprinkle dressing over salad. Choose to use either a battery powered fan or fan with an outlet. If you’d like to read the original recipes you can click on the links below: We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This biltong-crusted steak recipe is from Willie, a professional chef who was kind enough to share one of his top trade secrets with me. A3Recipes main page illustrating all recipes. Rub the dry spice mixture into the meat and let it stand for about an hour. Slice each chevin into 8 rounds. Sauté the onions until golden and soft, add the mushrooms in batches and fry until browned or until the liquid has cooked away. Wondering what to do in Joburg? Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC and for sharing your recipe. (You can also put the seeds on a cutting board and roll a rolling pin over them to crush them.). For a different flavour profile, replace the biltong with some chopped bacon or chorizo sausage. For the dipping sauce: stir everything together and keep it in the fridge until ready to use. So if you have one of those fancy biltong hand cutters or meat slicers, this would make the job a lot easier.

This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on the site, I may make a commission from that click and/or purchase. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 2.5cm thick and transfer to a 36 x 26 x 5cm baking tin.

Biltong en kaas is mos beste maats. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Do this to all the steaks and lay the aside. In a large salad bowl, add lettuce leaves, biltong, diced avocado, cocktail tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese and olives. If you can’t or don’t eat beef, you can use other red meat like venison, lamb etc. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and 200g of the biltong. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Your email address will not be published. Mix together all the topping ingredients except the egg and set aside. The spice mix is the most important part of making biltong! After the meat marinates for 12-24 hours, hang it to dry for 3-5 days. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b8\/Make-Biltong-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b8\/Make-Biltong-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Christmas day is around the corner and the big question is:  What will we feast on this year?

Depending on your preference, you can test your batch every 2 hours to so, just try not to eat them all before you finish. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. If you continue to use this site, you are agreeing to, Waiter, there’s something in my retro classic – the round-up, A taste of Tel Aviv: Open Restaurants 2015, http://beefjerkyrecipes.com/meat-type/beef-jerky/biltong-beef-jerky/, Sticky spiced plum upside-down cake and 16 years of blogging, Roasted Brussels sprouts with sesame and ginger. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Beat milk and egg together, and stir into dry ingredients gradually. Therefore I left mine for 20 hours, then cut them into thin slices and returned them to the dehydrator for a further hour.

This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/10\/Make-Biltong-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/10\/Make-Biltong-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Sift flour, baking powder and mustard powder into a mixing bowl. Make sure you cut with and not against the grain of the meat. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f1\/Make-Biltong-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f1\/Make-Biltong-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.

Spoon a little into each pastry case. The login page will open in a new tab. If you’d like, you can stir up the meat every 3-4 hours so each side flavors evenly.

Remove the potatoes from the oven – the skin should be crisp with a soft centre. I promise I won't bite!

This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4e\/Make-Biltong-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4e\/Make-Biltong-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a9\/Make-Biltong-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Biltong-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a9\/Make-Biltong-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/aid10127591-v4-728px-Make-Biltong-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.