Give a name/contact information for a conservator and/or resources about conservation. I’m trying to identify an HB hatchet head. If anyone has any old print material, catalogs or advertisements that they’d like to share that’d be great too. This is an old axe.. it needs a new handle because its cracked and theres 12 nails on the top into the wood to hold the axe head on. To verify an authentic hand-forged Hults Bruk Swedish axe or hatchet look for the official maker’s mark on the axe head. Would you like me to detect your property or learn more about it? It is all still just an estimate after all but worthwhile none the less. Hults Bruk axes with HB hot stamps have been produced between 1988 and the present day. Perhaps no tools are more closely linked to the founding of America than the axe and its smaller sibling, the hatchet. Only double bits don’t have polls. Now I know this axe was from around the 1970s & was made for the Western Australian market because the fellow that owned it was around to see them in the stores. Log in, Related to 25 Types of Axe Heads-Bestaxeguide, “These axes are decorated with a bright colour which is important to get it spotted in an emergency like when there is a lot of fire smoke around.”, Tomahawk Axe Throwing Technique & Rules- Hitting Axe Target, Splitting Axe vs Maul-Make The Best Decision [Updated Guide], The 15 Best Camping and Backpacking Axe 2020 Updated, 11 Best Smelling Firewood To Make Your Campfire Amazing, 10 Best Double Bit Axe 2020-[Quality Reviews &…, Husqvarna Carpenters Axe Review[Buyer's Guide]-Bestaxeguide, Great Camparison Fiskars X25 vs X27-Updated Guide, Things To Bring For Camping-Don’t Miss This Important Checklist, Bonfire vs Campfire The Real Difference Explained, How to Cool a Tent without Electricity-Bestaxeguide.com.

This gives a pretty small window for production. Moving into 1958 the Circle H shows up again. To help identify your artifacts or to learn more about them, click on the illustration next to the topic title to see all of the various types of each major topic. Discover (and save!) It was sent from a seller in Maine.

I’ve weighed the head in both pounds and kilograms and neither relate to the stamped markings.

This axe head guide offers a growing selection of info in helping to identify yours.

We all find old axe heads when metal detecting. It’s certainly a tough one. I did see some that were close..but not quite the same. In some cases these are also registered trademarks (as noted in the table), but in general the logos are simply informal marks chosen by the manufacturer to identify their tools.

I found an old axe (double bit) and its stamped "NORTHERN" is anyone familiar??

Thicker, deeper lines identify the hot stamp and sometimes you can notice the edges of the stamp around the bottom of the text. With no collared axes showing up in their 1911 catalog.

Hand-forged axes of cast iron with heads weighing seven pounds were swung by pioneers and Colonists, who used the versatile tool to clear land for crops and build their homes.