Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. In this exclusive video, we're going to lay out what happened to Zuko between the two shows and what we know about the mother of his children.

NEXT: Avatar: 10 Best Costumes Of Aang, Ranked. Don't forget to subscribe and click that bell for notifications of brand new content, posted every day! Currently, he is seeking to begin his freelance writing career and binging Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. This led to Azulon to send out his agent to locate a descendent of Roku, leading to him forcing Ursa to marry Ozai. While it is unclear what happened to these unnamed relatives, they do imply that there is a larger royal family than the one seen in the show. So this means that there is a possibility that Mai is not her mother, and I personally don’t think she is due to lack of physical similarities. Oneshots revolving around Bumi II and his relationships with others. First appearance Izumi has been feeling run down as of late.

As a result of Fire Lord Ozai's defeat, Zuko -- an enemy-turned-friend to Aang -- became the new leader of the Fire Nation. Reign The comic book follows up to the show however saw Mai and Zuko break up, leading to much mystery over Izumi's mother. This can be seen in the show by how much reverence is given by the Fire Nation populace to the Fire Lord along with the Fire Sages reporting directly to Fire Lord Ozai. Pokémon: Is Brock a GOOD Male Role Model? So this means that there is a possibility that Mai is not her mother, and I personally don’t think she is due to lack of physical similarities.

Bumi is returning to the Fire Nation in the aftermath of the Red Lotus nightmare.

Izumi refused to support a preemptive strike against Kuvira during a meeting with the other world leaders at City Hall. There are also novels that further expand that world, the most recent of which is The Shadow of Kyoshi, which looks at the exploits of that titular Avatar. Affiliation A fanfic told mostly from the view points of Izumi and Mai, told with flashbacks and Izumi's own memories of her mother and father. Idk why, just a feeling. Zuko (as Fire Lord) This peace would be interrupted, however, when, at the beginning of the new year, Korra finds that she is no longer the only Avatar in the physical world. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the legendofkorra community, Press J to jump to the feed. Predecessor Allies KEEP READING: Avatar: The Kyoshi Novels Explain Why Zuko Was So Bald In Season 1. In the spin-off comic book series, The Search, it was revealed that Fire Lord Azulon sought to marry his son Ozai with a descendent of Avatar Roku. "The Coronation" It’s not 100% solid but I honestly would like to see this happen. Before they could continue, their meeting was interrupted by Korra and Opal and later by Bolin and Varrick, who all alerted them of Kuvira's plan to manufacture a spirit vine-powered super weapon. His parents, not knowing how to help their son out of his depression call upon the two people they know can take him on a life changing trip. This article will explain ten crucial things that fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender should know about Zuko's family. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The memoirs work as a Trojan horse into the life of Mai after the end of the One Hundred year old war. So we know that as of right now Zuko and Mai are still broken up in the comics and haven’t gotten back together. Seven years after defeating Kuvira and restoring balance to the world, Korra had been able to enjoy a mostly easy, incident-free existence with her girlfriend, Asami.

Check out the video below for more information about the mother of Zuko's children. They have split up multiple times already and it's tiring. Mother ???? I think the interactions between Zuko and Suki in the comics are just meant to build their friendship, since they don't interact much in the show itself. While there have been no new animated series set in the Avatar universe since Legend of Korra concluded in 2014, Dark Horse Comics has published a number of graphic novels set after the conclusions of those shows. Crown Princess of the Fire Nation (formerly)Fire Lord I’m not a huge fan of Mai to begin with - I always thought Zuko deserved better than her. Black Clover Is Starting To Reveal Asta’s Family History At Last, What Future Shonen Series Should Learn From Hunter X Hunter, Chainsaw Man Theory: Makima's Powers Are WAY More Potent Than They Seem. "Beyond the Wilds" (chronological & release order)

They have the same pretty abnormal jawline. EDITED EDIT (July 18 2018).Fire Lord Izumi finds her mother's old memoirs. This Ember Island vacation just got a lot more interesting. Don't take MY word for it, but this Avatar fan-page on Facebook has apparently posted that during the Emerald City Comic Con yesterday (March 2nd), it was confirmed that Mai is indeed Izumi's mother. RELATED: Avatar: Why All Of The Best Episodes Come From Different Genres. Meanwhile, Bolin and Opal set their sights on a different match for Bolin's big brother, Princess Ursa, Iroh's younger sister.

[Image deleted based on Avatar Wiki:Images policy.]

Sokka and Suki are still together in the comics and I don't think there is much evidence they will break up. Mai CONFIRMED as Izumi's Mother at Emerald City Comic Con. Krillin?!? Chronological information The two busy men are about to tackle a headache and a half as they plan their wedding. The Fire Nation Royal Family is a very long lineage but in the past 200 years, it had developed a wide variety of people. April Stewart Bumi II has PTSD - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, they have no idea how to express their feelings. But between the lines of history there is another story, one of family, both destructive and nurturing in nature. [Image deleted based on Avatar Wiki:Images policy.].

Mako and Iroh meet in a restaurant bathroom and hatch a scheme to help them navigate relationship issues. While the show itself gives Zuko's family and its history, there are a ton of interesting facts about them found in the spin-offs and supplemental materials. When The Legend of Korra began decades later, Zuko was still around, but much older and experienced. With Tenzin, with herself, with Lin, with everyone. Warning: Fanfic contains adult themes and strong language. There she established a false identity of Noriko and married Noren, a man she was engaged to before being forced to marry Ozai. Prince Zuko's family is one of the few dysfunctional families in western animation that is portrayed completely seriously with his father and sister being particularly heinous individuals.

A one-stop shop for all things video games. One shots surrounding this family cause the amount of untapped potential is incredible. I don’t know what it is about these tiny interactions, but I can’t help but feel they were put there for a reason. One of the Fire Nation's more heinous actions during the Hundred Year War was their near-destruction of the Southern Water Tribe reducing it to a couple of isolated villages with only one known waterbender. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. 167 AG – present[2] In this exclusive video, CBR is going to explore the question of who Zuko had children with after Avatar: The Last Airbender. Image gallery (3) As Crown Princess of the Fire Nation, Izumi ascended to the throne as Fire Lord following her father's abdication in 167 AG. All she knows is that she’s angry. As the president tried to reason with her, pointing out that Kuvira was a threat to the world and needed to be stopped, she explained that her nation had already spent too much of its history fighting meaningless wars and she refused to put her nation through another one unless there was no other choice. The question was finally answered by one of the comic writers at Emerald City ComicCon 2017 mentioned that the two got back together a couple of years of the comic. They reveal secrets & her most personal thoughts & feelings.

the stories of the members of team avatar certainly did not end with the war. In The Legend of Korra, the multicultural region created in The Promise has developed into the United Republic of Nations. Zoryu lived during a time in which the Fire Lord had to deal with a bunch of powerful families to exercise his authority, Zoryu was seeking to change this by making the Fire Lord the absolute ruler over the Fire Nation, He was seeking Kyoshi's aid in making his ambition a reality, but it would remain unfulfilled until the time of Firelord Sozin. She also takes her role as a leader seriously, showing no tolerance for humor when discussing military actions and exuding a firm demeanor when people attempted to make her change her mind.[1].

Lord Zuko, now eighty-seven years old, has abdicated the throne in favor of his daughter, Izumi, and travels the world on his dragon Druk as an ambassador for peace. Bumi II has been struggling in school with being the non-bending son of Avatar Aang and Master Katara. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. there would be peace to maintain and healing to work towards. RELATED: Avatar: The Last Airbender - 10 Things You Missed In Zuko Alone. also the fact that toph had a crush on sokka doesn't mean that they ended up together. Now I kinda ship Zuko and Suki just because Suki actually helps and supports Zuko instead of throwing at him all the mistakes he's done. And she can only handle so much more of this before she explodes.”. She ascended the throne in 167 AG following her father's abdication.

While the show presented this as a case of destiny works in strange ways, the reality is a lot more complicated. One of the major reveals in the first half of Book Three was that Zuko's mother Ursa was the granddaughter of Avatar Roku, which played a major role in Zuko's decision to join Team Avatar. Set between chapters 49 and 50 of Three Years of Kisses. Zuko's family has a prominent role in the history of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Avatar: The Legend of Korra Book One: Air. Told through flashbacks from the perspectives of Mai and Izumi as well as in first person and third. The only issue? The origin of this practice is that it is not some long-held view of the current dynasty, but something created by Fire Lord Sozin. Gender Biographical information He's currently trying to work his way through a pile of unread books that threatens to come crashing down, burying everything he loves and cares about, including his cat. She’s so, so angry. Primarily that the position of Fire Lord was once the term for the leader of the Fire Sage, but over time became more a secular political title. L.D. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. And all because the universe changed in five small, simple ways. So basically my theory is that sometime in the future, Sokka and Suki break up, Zuko and Suki get together, and then have Izumi. This is mostly MAIKO but also features TYZULA, KATAANG and SUKKA, SOKKLA, &KYAZUMI (as the fanfic progresses) & LOTS OF CHARACTERS. The memoirs work as a Trojan horse into the life of Mai after the end of the One Hundred year old war. Ethnicity Let us know what you think in the comments, and check out many other deep, thought-provoking videos on our YouTube channel!

I seriously feel like I've heard that before. 1 His Ancestor Met Avatar Kyoshi The oldest known member of Zuko's family is the Fire Lord Zoryu, who lived over 300 years before the time of Zuko.