| Rating: 3.5/5 I share his disdain over this entire spaghetti-Western of a movie. | Fresh (4) Please try again. You're almost there! It certainly has a very disjointed episodic feel. and it turns into a very good move about people at war, Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2015. This movie is not recommended if you're into WWII research. The Failure to Seize the Early Initiative At Anzio Map of the Anzio operation. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. October 23, 2004 The movie is mostly fiction, but in that context it is a good movie. I really wanted to like this film more: it's set in the interesting Italian theatre during WWII, and stars Robert Mitchum and Peter Falk, both of whom have their own distinctive brands of rugged but individualistic macho masculinity I can dig. After Allied forces invade Anzio, seven Americans become trapped behind German lines and must take shelter with a family. The basic story is there, but I wouldn't base a lecture at West Point on the presentation. Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2019. Peter Falk also plays an excellent part in this movie , No less then5 stars. All programs can be installed on a trial basis. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Release Calendar DVD & … Sign up here. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.

No, it's not historically accurate... and there was the weird choice of a soulless lounge singer song to start the movie, which was a big wtf? Please click the link below to receive your verification email.

Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. The Battle of Anzio took place on January 22, 1944, part of the Allied campaign for the control of Italy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 20, 2016.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 23, 2019, Wrong item sent and no one seems interested, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. The movie is mostly fiction, but in that context it is a good movie. A waste of good actors. After landing with allied troops at Anzio, Italy in 1944, war correspondent Dick Ennis (Mitchum) and buddy Corporal Rabinoff (Falk) tell Anzio commander General Lesley (Kennedy) that the road to Rome is wide open. All the tanks used on both sides were post war US models in different paint schemes - possibly M-47's as used in the film Battle of the Bulge made 4 years earlier. And anyone who died on camera apparently was instructed to jump up in the air really high and throw their hands up like they just don't care - because that's what you do when you're shot. The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Coming Soon. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie.

In addition to the two anachronisms, Hershey's and Brach's are two separate companies. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. War correspondents as main characters? Cinemark The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. | Rotten (2). To be fair, a few sniper scenes are more realistic in this regard. Audience Reviews for Anzio (Lo sbarco di Anzio) Apr 19, 2011 A excellent WWII movie about the Battle of Anzio (Italy) showing the landing and … Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 3, 2020. The stars ham it up, and Robert Mitchum is an unnatural choice as an embedded journalist who has seen it all. But get past the inaccuracies, get past the lounge singer, and it turns into a very good move about people at war. After purchasing a license, you don't need to install different software, just enter your license code to convert your software to a full, licensed version. A excellent WWII movie about the Battle of Anzio (Italy) showing the landing and the days leading up to the pushing back of the German troops. Plenty of heroics, lots of gunfire and cliches. All rights reserved. Menu. Worst WW2 movie I have ever watched. If a single gun fired the shots, it would have had to have been a semi-automatic rifle. I'm a collector of WWII movies and have a fascination with that entire time period....it's music, literature and life in general. | Rating: 3/5, November 19, 2004 | Rating: C

You would think by 1944, our soldiers would have learned not to storm well fortified MG positions or tanks without a clear plan for overcoming said obstacle. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. The DVD is an account of one patrol and all of their operations were fictional.

So when I found out about this movie, I ordered it. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers.

|, November 9, 2005

The 1944 Battle of Anzio stemmed from the Allied attempt to draw German troops off the Gustav Line during Operation Shingle. Find out about all the goofs from Anzio (1968) on IMDb.

s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned), Multiple Formats, Closed-captioned, Color, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, Robert Mitchum, Peter Falk, Mark Damon, Earl Holliman, Arthur Kennedy, Thai, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, English, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Dated, Silly Treatment of a Serious Offensive, Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2020. 6. | Rating: 4/5. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Don't have an account? and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. DON'T BUY!