Terms of Use One of the greatest RnB/Pop divas to come out of the 1980's music scene, Lisa Velez scored a series of hits. 82,464, This story has been shared 66,748 times. She’ll also be performing at the Copacabana on November 24th. Known by her stage name, Lisa Lisa, she and her band, "Cult Jam", produced 5 albums that sealed their fame in New York City's thriving musical scene. I hid it for a very long time. “The message is I’m all grown up now and that’s reflected in my lyrics.

We've received your submission. You’ll see some of that — absolutely.

You’re a breast cancer survivor. How’s your health now? Lisa Lisa net worth: Lisa Lisa is an American singer that has a net worth of $3 million dollars. I didn’t have money.

Your Ad Choices Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. This story has been shared 95,465 times. I would go onstage with the [chemo] pack, and I hid it under my clothes. Best current US drama TV show starring a woman? 85,384, This story has been shared 69,906 times. That was a long time ago. He lives in Brazil as well as New York. You live in Long Island now, but what do you think of your old neighborhood Hell’s Kitchen these days? POP diva Lisa Lisa ruled ’80s pop with her freestyle jams. Before there was Jennifer Lopez, Lisa Lisa was representing Nuyoricans with her Latin-pop sounds.

But back in the ’80s, [fashion] was about whatever was accessible for me. But I caught it early, and I was OK. It’s been 11 years since your last album, “Life ’n Love.” Are you working on any new music?

This story has been shared 89,174 times.

69,906, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved Privacy Notice Thanks for contacting us. on Lisa Velez (born January 15, 1967), better known by her stage name Lisa Lisa, is an American singer and actress.

We got new music; we have a film that we’re developing. 619 Likes, 72 Comments - LISA LISA (@lisalisall77) on Instagram: “Your 13 today*And I prayed *Took 7 years*But God gave me You*Happy Born Day Antonimar*Blessings…” Whatever was in the stores that was cheap, that was what I was gonna put on. She rose to fame in the 1980s as one-third of the band Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam .

After years of trying, she’s three-months pregnant with her first baby and she’s not waiting around anymore. Back in the day, it was all about the Westies [gang]. She’ll be performing hits such as “I Wonder If I Take You Home,” “Head to Toe” and “Lost in Emotion” when the Ladies of the ’80s tour — also featuring Taylor Dayne and Jody Watley — hits Long Island’s Theatre at Westbury Friday.

95,465, This story has been shared 82,464 times. My health is A-OK. Twenty-nine years now, I’m clean.

Your California Privacy Rights I didn’t tell anybody on the road.

It was about trying to hide all of that.

One of the greatest RnB/Pop divas to come out of the 1980's music scene, Lisa Velez scored a series of hits. I was always sick, I lost my hair. Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

I had 16 weeks of chemo. With a new confidence and a baby on the way, she unleashes her voice on a soon-to-be-released single, “Make Your Move,” featuring top surprise artists. Mike, he’s actually a professional capoeira fighter. What happens if no presidential candidate gets 270 electoral votes?

To me, it’s still home. But it’s so different. On the radio, you hear him on everything ’cause he plays for everybody. Sitemap

Discovered by Full Force when she was 13, she helped freestyle music break out of New York in the ’80s as frontwoman of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam. That motto holds true on the home front. I’m just more sure of myself and I’m not waiting around any-more,” says the 37-year-old star, whose hits include “I Wonder If I Take You Home,” “All Cried Out” and “Lost In Emotion.”. I still love it. Here, the 53-year-old singer (full name: Lisa Velez) shares the secret behind her stage name, how she survived breast cancer and her special connection to Snoop Dogg. There’s, like, a Starbucks or three on every block. I still go down there all the time because my family’s there. POP diva Lisa Lisa ruled ’80s pop with her freestyle jams. Contents I wanted to be a mother for years, and it’s always been important for me. 66,748, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved You can catch Lisa Lisa on a VHI Thanksgiving special about the music industry. Terms of Use If you've binged every available episode of the hit Disney Plus series, then we've got three picks to keep you entertained.

Now I don’t care.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Now the 37-year-old has shed her fears. Biden may steal an election for the elitists, but Dems will regret it: Devine, Olivia Culpo’s sister Sophia wore her Miss Universe dress to prom, Patrick Duffy and ‘Happy Days’ actress Linda Purl are dating, ‘Veep’ Predicted Our Election Day Chaos in 2016, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Phlegm fatale: Woman charged with spitting in cop's face during protest, Lori Loughlin is a 'wreck' while serving time in California prison. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Your California Privacy Rights

6:00 PM PST They kept looking at me below the chin, and they would be like, “Lisa, Lisa.” And it stuck. And I have a boot line that I’ve created … But I would love to do something with J.Lo and Cardi B — a Latin thing. Woman busts her cheating boyfriend after spotting clue in his selfie, Election results map: All eyes on Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania, College student with COVID-19 found dead in dorm room while quarantining, Kourtney Kardashian peddles COVID-19 mask conspiracy, USPS says huge amount of mail-in ballots were not delivered, Phlegm fatale: Woman charged with spitting in cop's face during protest, Biden may steal an election for the elitists, but Dems will regret it: Devine, Olivia Culpo’s sister Sophia wore her Miss Universe dress to prom, Patrick Duffy and ‘Happy Days’ actress Linda Purl are dating, ‘Veep’ Predicted Our Election Day Chaos in 2016, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Walmart’s best early Black Friday deals to shop right now, Sephora VIB sale's 19 top deals on royal beauty must-haves in 2020, Thanksgiving meal kits and delivery services for an easy holiday feast, 20 unique Christmas gift ideas for everyone on your 2020 list, Save over 15% on this 15-piece cutlery set from Cuisinart, Lori Loughlin is a 'wreck' while serving time in California prison.