John Silvester reports. And the lack of blood on the lower legs and feet also suggested immediate collapse.The non-crippling neck wound would have caused an immediate breathing problem.The prosecution argument ran that heavy deposits of gun-shot residue on Gatto's lower trouser legs and damage to the floor suggested a shot - which actually missed - fired downwards at the dying man. He died as he lived. I wanted them to know I was okay.I still couldn't believe what was happening. From a child to his early teens, Veniamin was an altar boy at the Greek Orthodox Church in the neighbouring suburb of Sunshine West, where his funeral would later be held. Lunch appointment turns out to be a date with death. I thought you might like to see a memorial for Andrew “Benji” Veniamin I found on Findagrave.com.

Failed to delete memorial.

The media report on these fascinating people and events. [2][3] Ironically, the church where he was made an altar boy and his funeral was held, was also no more than a block away from the Sunshine West house that Dibra was killed out front of.

Resend Activation Email. 4.2m Followers, 136 Following, 1,605 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from H&M HOME (@hmhome) H&M HOME is a design-driven interior brand, offering fashion-forward decor and accessories for every room and style.The assortment ranges from high-quality bed linen and timeless dinnerware to stylish textiles, furniture and lamps; with contemporary style and attention to detail at its core. [1], Veniamin died in the La Porchetta restaurant in Carlton on 23 March 2004 at around 2.30pm after being shot by former associate Domenic "Mick" Gatto.

Another severed his spinal cord. We've just heard. H&M Home bietet eine große Auswahl an hochwertigen Wohnaccessoires und Dekorationen.

© 2018 Found a Grave, All rights reserved. Verify and try again.

Shop these items with us today up to 70%! I wanted to know what he was up to, as he was closely involved with Carl Williams, and I suspected both of being involved in Graham's murder.As they say, you keep your friends close and your enemies closer.At about 2pm, I phoned Andrew and, for the first time in weeks, his phone rang.

[1] She said that every Tuesday he would pick her daughters up and take them to religion classes, bring them home and give them a bath. You need a Find a Grave account to add things to this site.

4.2m Followers, 136 Following, 1,605 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from H&M HOME (@hmhome).

Veniamin was born to Greek Cypriot immigrant parents, and was raised in the Western Melbourne suburb of Sunshine. But the established underworld turned on Williams when they believed he was responsible for the murder of respected crime figure Graham "The Munster" Kinniburgh, who was shot dead outside his Kew home on December 13 last year. In his death notice in the Herald Sun, he wrote: "I love you 'Pa' and I will never ever forget you.". We were unable to submit your feedback at this time. When we got to the back room he turned to me. This account has been disabled.

Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts.

Dodd, however, agreed that Veniamin might have been able to remain briefly upright and to have fought on if the head and carotid artery wounds were suffered first, but in that case more blood would have been expected on the passageway walls. If left untied it would have been impossible to retain a .38 revolver and still walk around.

But that's life, I suppose. Andrew Veniamin was born to Greek Cypriot immigrant parents, and was raised in the Western Melbourne suburb of Sunshine.

Victoria Police say Veniamin was one of the most dangerous and feared men connected to Melbourne's crime scene, and by the time of his death in 2004 they had connected him with several of Melbourne's underworld murders. And so I was carrying a gun again, or making sure one was nearby.That Monday, I had a talk with a few people. In the first season of drama series Underbelly, Veniamin was portrayed by actor Damian Walshe-Howling.

"I was looking at him in the eyes and his face went all funny and he sort of stepped back and he said - he said, 'We had to kill Graham'," Gatto said.

Veniamin… He said his favourite day of the week was Tuesday and Roberta said her younger daughter, Dhakota, idolised him. In 2002, after meeting through a mutual friend Tony Mokbel, Williams would court the services of the murderer Andrew Veniamin as his right-hand man until late 2003.

Gatto, 48, was a well known and respected figure in the crime world.

-----Video - Melbourne's Underworld WarThe Royal Rumble: Andrew Veniamin and Benny Serrano fight video, Thank you for fulfilling this photo request.

He was also a known associate of Dino Dibra who was murdered at his home in October 2000, and of Paul Kallipolitis, who was shot in similar circumstances two years later.

Add to your scrapbook. "I knew this was untrue, and so did half of Melbourne. Carl Williams (at front on left) at funeral of Andrew 'Benji' Veniamin, who was Williams' trusted bodyguard +10 Carl Williams' ex-wife Roberta Williams during … He is said to have told police it was a clear case of self-defence. A flash mark on Gatto's suit at chest height that was matched by scorching on Veniamin's chest testified to how close the men stood when Veniamin took one of those bullets in the neck.While there were two Gattos present, there really was only one Andrew Veniamin. Free Returns Cash On Delivery. Only hours before the shooting, Veniamin and underworld companion Carl Williams were sitting in the public gallery of the Melbourne Magistrates Court as a magistrate refused a police request for a DNA sample from Victor "The Marathon Man" Brincat over the murders of Jason Moran and Pasquale Barbaro, shot dead outside a junior football clinic in Essendon North on June 21.