I liked how it ended and my faith in Henry was restored! . Amy later becomes not only her maid, but almost like a sister to Aurelia. Reviewed in the United States on January 29, 2017. Amy Snow by Tracy Rees is about the journey of Amy Snow. Along this treasure hunt, Amy finds out who she is inside and finds someone to love. And why her mother abandoned her, if she loved him? We’d love your help.

Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2017. The writing was excellent!!!!! . Please try again. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. 97k Followers, 897 Following, 3,117 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Model Mayhem (@modelmayhem) This book had me reading until I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I have to concur completely with a previous reviewer who said they had no idea why this book was getting such good ratings. Great, great story - I can't wait to read another of Tracy Rees' works!! I look forward to reading more of the author's work. [I'm confused about Amy's backstory. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series Set, Books 1-11: The No. As she moves from rural Dorset to London and experiences the social life of Twickenham and Bath, our eponymous heroine learns much about herself and others. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. I only like to read historical fiction when it involves a mystery. It actually starts off feeling a little like Jane Eyre on a treasure hunt, which felt a little ludicrous initially, but in the end it totally worked for me. Fascinating storyline with underlying mystery. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I wish I didn't waste time on this book and it is beyond me how it got these good reviews. Loved this book! This was a really good escapist read, pacey and very well written. Amy later becomes not only her maid, but almost like a sister to Aurelia. I keep hoping a book will turn itself around. This is a private group (MEMBERS ONLY) verified … No compelling characters, no compelling story, no real plot, definitely no climax and NO mystery. . To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Aurelia has been told she has a condition that will end her life soon.

It's like toast without butter: dry without any flavor. Tracy Rees does a great job of telling a story that captivates the reader and draws them into the story and into the characters' lives so. Delightful!!!!! I read 60% of it that first day and the rest of it after work the second day. by Quercus. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Her parents are appalled and try to get rid of Amy, but Aurelia is a strong-willed girl who grows into a beautiful strong-willed woman in a time when women were supposed to shut up and obey! There are actually 2 heroines in this novel-Amy and Aurelia. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

I love historical fiction and I love a good love story. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Please try again. Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2018. Amy grows up in the Vannaway home treated horribly by the parents and as a pet by Aurelia. It is also the winner of Richard and Judy's Search for a Bestseller competition, which is not a surprise for me, as this book has it all! I loved it from the first page to the last. In Aurelia’s will she left Amy 10 pounds (this is British currency). So the big reveal is majorly anticlimactic, and as Amy says, it's merely confirmation of what she had surmised in the first place. Amy Snow was such a different kind of novel set in the 1830’s on in England that it was a breath of fresh air! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 16, 2017.

When a book centers around a mystery, t. I don't like writing negative reviews, but sometimes-as in this case-it's necessary. Hope she writes more! It certainly wasn't for me. Another engaging, emotional story from this author who is fast becoming one of my favourites with her quality of writing and storylines! Amy Snow is equally unbearable as the overly needy girlfriend who reproaches herself repeatedly (and whines!) For a debut novel I think this book was fantastic! [
She keeps Amy (the baby) safe and out of the way as her mother doesn't wish to ever see the child.

It has wonderful characters, strong heroine, mystery, drama, and this humour that I always identify with those times. I enjoyed this novel with its twists and turns. Please try again. I was looking forward to reading this, after judging it by it's very beautiful cover and I wasn't disappointed. I would like to thank NetGalley, the Publisher and author for this book. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Amy Snow if found as a baby on the estate of Hatville Court and is rescued and grows up a companion (almost soul-mate), to the heiress Aurelia. I would like to thank the Publisher and Net Galley for the chance to read this ARC. Something went wrong. Finally finished this Audible book. It has wonderful characters, strong heroine, mystery, drama, and thi.

“We can’t hold onto things. Simon & Schuster; Reprint edition (June 7, 2016), Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2018. Amy Snow is a baby found naked in the snow by an aristocratic young girl, Aurelia, who brings her home. The next morning the local schoolteacher, Mr. Clay gives Amy a package and a letter. Truthfully this is a 1 but I gave it a 2 simply because I've read worse. Two words of description: TRITE and terribly BORING. What a fantastic book! Aurelia dies young but sends Amy on a treasure hunt to discover a secret Aurelia kept from her. This book has had some excellent reviews which need to be considered, of course. Amy Snow is found as a baby in the snow by 8 yo Aurelia Vannaway.

Amy Snow did not. I was mesmerized by the events and was guessing to the end what the secrets were.

If you think it's just me, and another reader might not guess the answer, think again. Amy has 5 jobs listed on their profile. Good read! I bought it Sunday afternoon and started reading and couldn't put it down! Amy follows the directions in the first letter and her adventure begins. It was just too much! Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish, Goodreads Members Suggest: 32 ‘Vacation’ Reads. The author makes no serious attempt to use 1840s language or manners (the characters call one another by their first names on meeting, a woman takes her bonnet off in public) and the story has 21st century sensibilities (better to be living in a loving shopkeeper's family than in a cold but wealthy and aristocratic house.) It carries us off, and faster than we would like, most often.”, “But love is not comprised of words, pretty though they are to hear. Enjoyable undemanding read. Following the adventures of Amy and seeing how she solved riddles left by Aurelia is a page-turner. Amy Snow is found as a baby in the snow by 8 yo Aurelia Vannaway. It reminded me of Jane Austin's work. Her parents are appalled and try to get rid of Amy, but Aurelia is a strong-willed girl who grows into a beautiful strong-willed woman in a time when women were supposed to shut up and obey! Amy Snow did not. In fact if it had turned out as I assumed, then Amy's background could have been much more believable. There are actually 2 heroines in this novel-Amy and Aurelia.

Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2018. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Highly recommend! The characters are cloyingly one dimensional. The premise to "Amy Snow" promised not only this, but much, much more, and let me tell you: this is a debut novel by Tracy Rees, but I would never in million years guess it, as this book is so complete, so brilliant, so thought through. Amy Snow is her first novel. You can still see all customer reviews for the product.

Seriously! I have written a few critical book reviews lately, of books I have less than enjoyed and it may be that my appetite for novels is jaded at the moment and I need to read something else. There is a slew of this type of novel out there, this one puts the others in the pale. I loved it from the first page to the last.

as otherwise she'd be completely destitute with no options or means of any kind). Unable to add item to List. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I really liked the character of Henry and how much he and Amy got along. Start by marking “Amy Snow” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Even Amy Snow herself guesses the secret halfway through the book! What will Amy find at the end of the treasure hunt?

The premise to "Amy Snow" promised not only this, but much, much more, and let me tell you: this is a debut novel by Tracy Rees, but I would never in million years guess it, as this book is so complete, so brilliant, so thought through. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad book; it's just not a good one.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Two lost girls, each lost in different ways, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 15, 2019.

But considering her guests, Lady Celestina had to keep quiet. Additionally, both love interests were terrible...Henry was pushy and needy and Mr. Garland was a creep. Aurelia named her Amy Snow (Amy after her favorite doll). The characters are appealing and the plot gallops along until the last third of the book which didn't quite live up to the rest - the denouement where we find Amy's history felt a little laboured. She lives in Swansea, Wales.

Aurelia is sending Amy on a treasure hunt one last time (they enjoyed them when they were younger). After an eight-year career in nonfiction publishing, she worked as a counselor for people with cancer and their families.