No. I have not checked this year. Nestled in the Surprise Valley in the far North Eastern corner of California and lying between the Warner Mountain Range to the west and the Nevada Mountains Range to the East, Cockrells' Ranch & High Desert Lodging is surrounded by the beautiful panoramic views of mountains and meadows full of cattle and wildlife. Bowhunting, after all, is challenging. The Alturas Ranch charges $20 for the year in 2019. Our fields are very soft and can be wet after a rain or after irrigation.

Fill out our Information Request Form. Gary. Alturas Ranches is one of the largest hay growers in California, growing both conventional and certified organic hay. No. Guided Waterfowl Hunts: $300 per person per day . Back To Top. Master Speed Scouting for Bowhunting Success, Bowhunters: Know Your Duties and Role in Conservation, Join Bowhunters United to Help Bowhunting’s Future, Ensure Wildlife’s Future By Helping Conservation Groups, How and Why You Should Submit a CWD Sample This Season, A Bowhunting Epiphany: How Hunting Alone Taught Me to Be a Better Bowhunter, Keep a Hunting Journal This Year, Be a Better Bowhunter Next Year, Some Images Courtesy of Polaris Adventures. Come and Enjoy the Private Ranch Hunting Experience. Welcome to Hunt Alturas! Alturas Ranches . They are great to practice on and for getting time in with your gun, and they are just plain fun to hunt. These Bowhunters Made Mistakes and You Will Too. Scrapes help bucks announce their presence, define their territory, and show they’re ready…, After hunting hard for days without any close encounters, I snoozed my alarm when raindrops discouraged me from starting early on Nov. 5, 2017. No. Our employees may have reason to drive across a field or down a muddy road. Have fun spending the day chasing them around. Good shooting! Each visitor over the age of 18 is required to sign a liability waiver. Alfalfa and feed products are the bread and butter of Alturas Ranches operations. Do you live within a 50 mile radius of Alturas Ranches? We produce premium Wild Rice and Alfalfa crops. BBQ, Hat Prizes, Gun Raffle, Silent Auction. It's been a few years since I was shooting rats in Alturas but your post brought back good memories! The trespass permit is valid for ground squirrels only. Permits are valid from April 1st to August 1st. UPDATE MARCH 14th 2019. Have fun spending the day chasing them around. This Ranch is currently closed and doesn't usually open until April. Local, Natural Beef. 76, Alturas CA 800+ac. While waddling through the woods with a…, The Rut’s Top 10 Problems (and Their Solutions), 4 Late Season Bowhunts You Should be Planning, Your Guide to Layering Bowhunting Clothes. Be aware that people may be working in the area and use safe shooting practices. LIKELY TABLES SQUIRRLE HUNT

... Alturas CA 96101That address does not work in GPS or Google Maps but is shown on the Hunt Alturas website. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey. Visitors who come with hunters need a visitor’s pass which are also available at the Alturas Ranches office free of charge. We are located in the coveted X3a and X3b hunting zones and sell trespass permits for 31,000 acres full of Mule Deer, Antelope, Ducks, Geese, Quail, and Doves. by hemiallen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 pm, Post We are your best source for hay and feed products in California. When it does come open hit it up the first few weeks as the hotter the weather gets the less active the sqeakers will be.