It focuses on tragedies in one family both current and past. Very enjoyable and entertaining from beginning to end! Warren series..

It was supposed to be a vacation.

Just across the street, in wealthy Back Bay, Boston, an armed man has barricaded himself with his wife and child. It's is a different experience seeing the detective that is named with a series actually playing almost bit roles and not dominating the action and getting it right most or possibly any of the time. I know authors need a little poetic licence but I really don't think there is a police officer in the world - at least not one with half a working brain cell who would do what Bobby Dodge does! . He sets up shop and when he looks into his scope, he sees a man holding a gun and a woman holding a young child. However, the author provides the answers in a well polished, dramatic story. As a Lisa Gardner fan and in particular her detective D.D. What brings Bobby and Catherine together is a moment of violence – but what connects them is a passion far deeper and much more dangerous. More about us.

Seeing things primarily from both Bobby and Catherine’s perspectives—especially where both are trying to decide to what degree they can trust each other, each having their own heavy emotional baggage—worked well together. Bantam $24 (324p) ISBN 978-0-553-80253-5. Meanwhile, bodies are accumulating. Everyone seemed to think he was involved with the woman, and/or thought the woman was the cause of the problem, and her husband was perhaps the victim. Change ). He was called out to a domestic dispute in an elite area, where an armed man had his wife and child hostage.

Warren Series (per Lisa Gardner's website). Very happy to dive into this series. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Nightmares, Day Dreams, and Imagined Conversations, Book Review - Enchantress of Numbers by Jennifer Chiaverini, Book Review - MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood, Book Review - The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, Caught up on the Hell’s Library series when I finished, “[Women are] encouraged to go mad over the littlest things, because if our anger caught and held on big things, we’…. While I found myself immediately immersed in the drama, I got about 160 pages in, and I still wasn’t sure where she was taking me. Reviewed in the United States on October 11, 2014. As if killing a man weren’t enough, it turns out the man was the son of a very influential judge who has it out for Bobby, accusing the officer of colluding with the dead man’s wife to kill him. Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2017. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. For many primary characters childhood traumas affect their involvement. I'm beginning to suspect that's part of the what makes Lisa Gardner's novels different. Something went wrong. He was accused of all sorts of things, especially when they discovered he had met the man and his wife previously.