i know they're both budget-end, but are they equivalent, or does the component spec on the 6ku win out? Make sure cog/lockring/chainring bolts are tight. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 2 weeks is not much time to get to know your bike. For my 6ku, I picked up a Charge Spoon saddle, MKS GR-10 pedals with All City cages and straps, and Fyxation Rodeo Pursuit handlebars. I live in Florida, and plan to use this bike, mostly on paved bike trails, with some dirt trails. for $100 more those seem to have a litter nicer parts. i noticed that it's so hard to pedal on this bike, maybe i should mess with the gear ratio? People with $1,000+ builds rock that saddle, and I found it to be infinitely more comfortable than the stock 6ku seat.

Other than that you should be good to go. They look appealing to me. Now i want to do some upgrades, what should i start first? Handlebars are all personal preference too, I went through 4 different bars before finding out pursuit horns worked best for me. i just bring over my bars, seat and pedals. They're priced appropriately, but I wouldn't want to ride one. I noticed that all the 6KU bikes on citygrounds are currently on sale ($199 versus the normal $325). if you really wanted to upgrade something. Handler bar? Your first bike should be a shit bike so you can learn from it and you don't end up with a $1000 wall hanger collecting dust in your garage.

I do need to pick up some straps though. i have a bike that i use for longer distances. can u recommend me some nice and low budget ergo drop bar and pedals and seat? It's not worth upgrading anything major like the crankset or wheels, but a little money to make it a bit more comfortable doesn't hurt.

My 6ku is my 2nd fixed gear (after my old Schwinn conversion) and I love it honestly. Please link to the parts you think I should be buying. So I'm buying a 6KU bike (Milan2) to beat around for a job. So I'm buying a 6KU bike (Milan2) to beat around for a job. just ride it for now. I got the chance to try a Vilano and a 6KU (just people i found around campus) and I liked the Vilano a little better. Just keep riding it and your legs will adjust within a few weeks, 44/16 is considered a pretty mellow ratio for city riding so your legs just need to strengthen up a bit. I am looking to get a new bike, but as I jump into this world of bikes, it is a seemingly endless rabbit hole. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have a friend who commutes with his daily and another with one as a beater/bar-hopper and they both love them too.

Personal preference, but for the Nubula, I swapped out the risers for bullhorns. btw, i'm only riding in the city and using the free wheel for now. It felt slightly more solid. Get either some straps or clipless pedals (I have both, I swap out based on weather). Cookies help us deliver our Services.

Really comfy up top for casual riding and the drop on the horns is pretty mellow so they're not too crazy on your posture if you need to get low. A decent wheelset is gonna cost you as much as the entire bike, and a …

Saddles are really personal, but at $27 you can't really lose by giving the Spoon a shot. I think I'm going to keep the risers, even though I like bullhorns too. i just filed my taxes and my budget has doubled. Before purchasing, I was just looking to see if anyone had any reviews regarding the bike and if there were any parts you guys would recommend me to swap out. They look cheap, but not horrendously nasty. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. go to home depot and buy 1.5' of their heftiest chain and a nice master lock. I love that pedal combo, it's great for casual shoes and lot's of people really dig it (I think GR-10s are for shoe size 10 and up, GR-9s are for 9 and smaller). I noticed that all the 6KU bikes on citygrounds are currently on sale ($199 versus the normal $325). New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the FixedGearBicycle community, /r/FixedGearBicycle is a community dedicated to sharing content surrounding the world of fixed gear bicycles, Press J to jump to the feed. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the FixedGearBicycle community, /r/FixedGearBicycle is a community dedicated to sharing content surrounding the world of fixed gear bicycles, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … Being a college student, I have a relatively small budget for a bike.

Just stay away from track drops, they're not practical for a casual city rider. Cookies help us deliver our Services. If you have to ask what you need to upgrade, you don't need to upgrade. For my 6ku, I picked up a Charge Spoon saddle, MKS GR-10 pedals with All City cages and straps, and Fyxation Rodeo Pursuit handlebars. It's heavy but I put a year of hard riding and a lot of miles on it without any issues and I'm keeping it as a beater. I've since gotten an SE Lager, and love it. Just wanted to get a second opinion from you guys. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. If it says Columbus and it doesn't have track ends, just don't. obviously upgrade the handlebars to your choice, maybe seat and pedals to something you like more. Beginners are gonna buy sub $300 bikes to see if they enjoy the hobby dude, even if he rides it for a year he should make some comfort upgrades and learn some basic maintenance. Before purchasing, I was just looking to see if anyone had any reviews regarding the bike and if there were any parts you guys would recommend me to swap out. I'd say front brake/lever, and new grips. I think it looks like a pretty good deal.

6KU Bike for a Job- Need Recommendations! The stock seat is lacking (I replaced mine with a Charge Spoon) and the front brake is pretty useless (I have a Dia Compe now).

Got the bike 2 weeks ago, overall it's an okay bike for beginner like me. They're surprisingly durable but the price is most definitely their strongest attribute.

It's like a teenager with an Audi S4 who couldn't change the oil to save his life, you need that '96 Golf with 140k on the odometer first. Any recommendations then? Why not something from bikesdirect?

The stock 6ku seat is way better than my gfs Sole stock seat. i want a fixie that i can use as my daily commuter once the weather is nicer. I was looking at getting my first fixed gear and I have been lurking on this page for a while seeing what is out there. Thanks! pedals? I can't stress enough that upgrading your contact points (seat, pedals, handlebars) makes a world of difference compared to other components. The only thing worth upgrading on a 6ku are parts that are going to make you more comfortable (seat, pedals, bars). Also, if the wheels still come with that shitty, red plastic "rim tape" replace that with some Velox before you even take it out for a spin. 6KU bikes are rubbish if I'm being perfectly honest.

This is one of the best responses I have seen. Don't have any personal experience with them though. Being a college student, I have a relatively small budget for a bike. i've also ridden one and like the feel of it. I love that pedal combo, it's great for casual shoes and lot's of people really dig it (I think GR-10s are for shoe size 10 and up, GR-9s are for 9 and smaller).