The .408 Cheyenne Tactical chambering is offered for these factory rifles: Several high quality large tactical and match (semi) custom bolt actions were designed for the .408 Cheyenne Tactical cartridge and were becoming available as of 2007. Due to harmonics and a more stable shooting platform as well as an accurized assembly, the accuracy of the M408 is greatly enhanced. I shoot guns regularly out to 1000-1200 yards but they are really running out of steam. Nah, mine looked "used" and s/n is a couple hundred off.

The 375 Cheytac is ballistically even more slippery!

An example of such a special .375 caliber extreme range bullet is the German CNC manufactured mono-metal 26.44 gram (408 gr) .375 Viking (G1 BC 1.537; this Ballistic coefficient (BC) is calculated by its designer, Mr. Lutz Möller, and not proven by Doppler radar measurements). Carry handle allows for convenient transport as well as a collapsible buttstock for compact storage. When the sidewall resists the outward expansion against the chamber, the pressure stretches the case thereby increasing its length resulting in the sidewall becoming thinner at that stretch point.

I was invited to the WMS steel challenge facility in Wales by “Figure 14”, the Importers of the THOR 408. We checked the fist prototype – in exclusive!

The first shot immediately displayed a good solid `shove` from the gun but nothing at all sharp or painful as long as your eye is well off the scope; gentle giant describes it well. The 308 is about as low as you want to go on the long range scale. Posted November 3, 2016 in Ammunition, News, Other Gear & Gadgets by Eric B with 31 CommentsTags: 408 CheyTac, Armeca, Benjamin Gineste, FinnAccuracy, france, Lawton, lothar walther, Spuhr. Lost River Ballistic Technologies also designed a 305 grain (19.76 g) bullet for the Battlefield Domination Round (BDR).

The Austrian manufacturer of precision and hunting rifles showcases the new S16 bolt-action rifle and its “small brother”, the K15A match-grade rimfire model.

All sizes in millimeters (mm). What you do for the family is kept in the family. 1:16-1:10 for .338 Lapua Mag. The bolt uses a twin-lug engagement with a lift angle of 90°. In fact, the entire rifle is maintainable at the operator level – including complete tear down.

In 2008 factory loaded .408 CheyTac 420-grain (27.22 g) lead core bullets with 955 copper jackets became available. From what I can understand from the french press release he fired 12 rounds and had 3 hits. Typical of the federal leviathan.

The Voere X3 is available as a single-caliber gun or with the possibility to easily change barrel and caliber. Below: Note the insane angle of the scope.

.408 has been refined to a usable accuracy and cost, the .416 has not.

If so, what were the overall results? €200 per 100. The magazine is made from sheet steel, with a capacity of five rounds. Dies come in from CH4D or Viers Co. at around £350 for a set. Let's see together some of its main features.

Lost River Ballistic Technologies (statement of Mr. Warren Jensen) stated that "the .408 CheyTac is the first bullet/rifle system that utilizes what they call a balanced flight projectile. BE A SHOOTER!Firearms, ammunition, optics, and passion: these are the four key elements that unite shooting fans from all around the world.

The round was designed with a possible military need for a cartridge for anti-personnel, anti-sniper and anti-materiel roles with a (supersonic) precision range of 2,200 yards (2,000 m).

POTD — 408 CheyTac Bullet vs 308 Round. Bisley anytime soon, as it far exceeds the energy limitations. It is not the kind of gun you will get a variation for without realistic usage intended.

hi Rob, why do you say you can get 6x 338 lapua rounds for 1x 408chey?

The .408 Cheyenne Tactical designated 408 Chey Tac (10.36×77mm) by the C.I.P. Not trying to take away the honor of these remarkable hits, but can I fire 1000 random rounds at 5000 yards and claim I have the record if I find a hole in the paper?

According to the official C.I.P. Seb explains: “This is the world’s first JoyPod equipped with an adjustable counterweight, to balance his 75-lb gun.

The projectile has a mass of 370 grains (24.0 g).

But we also inspire you with real stories of passionate hunters or sport shooters. One noted downside to the use of solid mono metal projectiles is that they tend to increase the fouling left in the rifle barrel after they are fired.

Looks silly, but apparently what’s needed at these extreme distances. in italy it works out to be around €5.24 per round for 375chey using cutting edge bullets, 140grain of n570, peterson brass @  €3.38 each (worked out on 10shots per brass €0.35p/shot) and including €1.10 of barrel wear per shot) Our 300Norma and 338 Lapua cost us about 2.85 per round.

The BC changes during a projectile's flight and stated BC's are always averages for particular range-speed regimes.

The main parameter for achieving stable transonic transition is controlling the drag coefficients (Cd) and forward velocity loss around Mach 1 and to a lesser degree controlling the spin deceleration. If I recall, the rifle was being carried by someone else in the... Rifle looks English; the beautiful engraving looks like it was done in the Italian "bulino" style. This rifle sets the standard worldwide for special operations teams needing a specialized system capable of hard and soft target interdiction at ranges beyond 2,000 meters. Claimed penetration of AR500 certified steel is 1 inch (2.54 cm) at 100 yards (91.5 m) and 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) at 775 yards (708.8 m). The VOERE X3 was one of the many firearms tested in the new VISIER Special 69. Karamojo Bell used a .275 Rigby... What if this is your gun? Other than size mattering, the main reason for the development of larger guns was for military purposes to engage targets at longer ranges, for both accuracy and the physical energy damage (anti-material).

In the right circumstances this visibility will help any team, as realistically a spotter is mandatory, at long range to steer the shooter into target.

Joined Feb 18, 2008 … This means that the barrel lengths, twist rates and chambers have been carefully studied to use the CheyTac ammunitions at best.

This photo was posted on the internet and it left an impression on me. Gunmart.net is the largest shooting resource and review based website, using the resources of Britain's biggest and most comprehensive magazines - Gun Mart, Shooting Sports and What Gun.

It's a structural problem created by Congress.

Print media, websites, social media, YouTube – all of it coordinated internationally and from a single source. Our motto at all4shooters.com and all4hunters.com is simple:We are here for all those who live out their passion for hunting and shooting , either in competitions or as a hobby – or who simply enjoy firearms , optics and related accessories . The common rifling twist rate for this cartridge is 330.2 mm (1 in 13 in), 8 grooves, Ø lands = 10.16 mm (0.400 in), Ø grooves = 10.36 mm (0.408 in), land width = 2.57 mm (0.1 in) and the primer type is large rifle. All X4 rifle barrels have a progressive rifling with the following pitch: 1:15-1:9 for the .300 Norma Mag.

This inevitably reduces the seal of the bullet in the barrel, allowing hot gunpowder gases to reach the sides of the projectile, vaporizing some of the material and depositing it in the bore.

The rifle seems to be a custom build, with lawton action and. The .408 Cheyenne Tactical is based on the .400 Taylor Magnum, which itself is based on a modified .505 Gibbs, necked down to 0.408 inches (10.36 mm). Extra barrel and bolt assemblies will give extra calibres to this gun but is a 338 Lapua really any more acceptable? Not long ago, TFB reported about Finnaccuracy‘s record shot(s) at 4380 yards with a SAKO TRG M-10, chambered in .375 CheyTac. Only expert marksmen can make use of this extreme accuracy potential. Other manufacturers, such as Rocky Mountain Bullet Company/Vigilance Rifles, GS Custom Bullets, Lehigh Bullets & Design, Lutz Möller and TTI Armory have developed lead-core or mono metal very-low-drag projectiles for the .408 CheyTac.