And, transmission gets stuck in first gear, very dangerous when it occurs on a freeway or interstate highway.

If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. I have noticed it happens more often if you 3ngage the parking brake while your foot is on the brake peddle. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site.

2019 Jeep Compass brakes problems with 18 complaints from Compass owners. We don't sell/share your email. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. My car had stalling and shutting off problems while driving in three occasions, one day it happened 2 times, after a stop light, immediately after the vehicle restarted and then again after a stop sign, this time the check engine sign was on as a result. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. The contact stated that while braking for a red traffic light, the parking brake activated independently. My brakes started grinding at 5,000 miles but it is inconsistent, mainly from cold to start and another time it did it frequently during the day.

To "correct" you have to take your foot off the brake, press the ignition button again until it shuts off, and then reapply your foot on the brake depressing it as far as you can press it and then press the ignition button again. Failure Date: 06/29/2019. Curious how the 2019 Compass compares to other years? And, transmission gets stuck in first gear, very dangerous when it occurs on a freeway or interstate highway. The car was in drive when emergency brake and engine failed on a Suburban side street.

©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. You can press the ignition, and it says its on, but the engine doesnt turn over. Get answers and make your voice heard! 3rd time it was when restarting after an intersection stop, when crossing after turning left, fortunately the car continued to the other end with the 1st acceleration impulse, and this time it turned on the emergency brake. The 2019 Jeep Compass that I have now has done it a total of 6 times since I have had it, and I have had it for about 2 months. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. My car had stalling and shutting off problems while driving in three occasions, one day it happened 2 times, after a stop light, immediately after the vehicle restarted and then again after a stop sign, this time the check engine sign was on as a result.

I will be driving and while at a stop light or stop sign my emergency brake will come on without me realizing it. Leased a brand new car on 3/23/19.

The manufacturer had not been contacted. I complained about engine tapping soon after buying the brand new car in August 2019 nothing was done. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. This problem occurs when the car is at a complete stop whether I am stopping at a stop sign or light.