As you move down towards the ocular lenses, they taper down in size as most 10x50 binoculars will incorporate the same eyepieces as that of the 42mm versions. We thank you for your support! The prism in both binoculars are dielectric coated BAK-4 in roof arrangement and produces clear and bright image. Glass is a reasonably heavy material and thus once again, the extra glass needed to make the lenses and the extra material for the slightly larger body results in a 10x50 binocular being slightly heavier versus a 10x42 model using the same level of materials. Before we jump into the comparison details, let me give you a brief idea about the mentioned binocular types –. Using Tripods with Binoculars & Spotting Scopes: Height & Eyepiece Angles! Twist-up eyecups for adjustable eye relief. First let’s see the specification of the Vortex Diamondback 10×50 vs 10×42; Both Binoculars have the same magnification i.e. Moreover, a tripod would be more recommended if you are choosing the 10×50’s. If you need any help or suggestion regarding binoculars, you can ping me at any time. All come with dielectric coated roof prism Schmidt-Pechan instruments. Learn More. If you are here to know, whether you want to choose Vortex Diamondback 10×42 vs 10×50 for your next expedition, you are at the right place. 10x50 binoculars also tend to be a little longer than their 42mm counterparts. I’ve created Honest Hunting to talk about my hunting journey, products that I’ve to admire/used and lessons that I’ve learned in my hunting career. In this way, by the end of this article, you will be able to decide which configuration is best suited for your specific requirements and preferences.

Vortex Diamondback 10×42 vs 12×50 – Pros and Cons. As a result, the 50mm binocular models tend to capture and pass more light than the 42mm models. Indeed most brands will list their 8x42 and 10x42 models within the same series as having identical size and weights. Economies of ScaleThe main reason that 10x42 binoculars are cheaper than 10x50’s is down to the economies of scale: Because the 10x42 configuration is so popular and added to this 10x42 binoculars will share the same chassis and many of the same components and optical parts as the even more popular 8x42 model in the same series, it means that a manufacturer can make  or order in many more of these parts than the more specialized ones needed to make a 10x50 binocular. Note: Just like the quality of glass used to make the windows in your house, instruments using poor quality optics and coatings will not perform as well as higher quality ones and thus I am assuming that we are comparing binoculars of a very similar level. How Much Larger?50mm lenses are 8mm bigger in diameter than 42mm ones and thus the ends of the barrels where the objective lenses are set, reflect this difference by about the same amount. However, in a daylight condition, both 42mm and 50mm binocular models produce images of equal quality. Optical PerformanceIn normal daylight conditions and using the same level of instrument, you really can’t notice a difference between the two in terms of the image brightness and quality, but in low light, there is no doubting that I would much prefer to have a 10x50 binocular in my hands over the 10x42 model. Copyright text 2019 by Binoculars Guru - And this basically happens because of the binocular sizes.

In the case of binoculars, you have to keep in mind that the larger the surface area, the more light it can pass through. So, put your utmost attention while reading the following discussion –. Since I have a great level of passion for binoculars and similar accessories, so I love to share valuable information throughout my blog. Vortex 10×42 binocular pros PriceIn terms of cost, this will be a personal decision based on how much you value the extra money you either keep in your pocket or spend versus the associated benefits and drawbacks of choosing a pair of 10x42 vs 10x50 binoculars. We have already come to know that the 10x50 binocular model comes with a larger surface area than that of the 10x42 binocular model. Indeed if you really are looking for a smaller instrument, you may wish to consider a mid-sized 10x32 instead. But, for dim light conditions (meaning before sunrise, or sunset or thickly wooded areas), the 50mm model will serve you with a brighter image. HECS Hunting Suit Review with Pros and Cons [2020 Updated], 10 Best Binoculars for Hunting 2020–[Buying Guide Included], Best Ear Protection for Shooting–[Buying Guide Included].

And the number 42 indicates that the objective lens diameter of this binocular is 42mm. Best Rangefinder Binoculars | Top 5 picks …, Best Hunting Binoculars Under 200 | Top …, How Important Are Binoculars In Birding And …, 10 Best Binoculars for Hunting 2020–[Buying Guide …, How to Start Hunting?
Besides, the price of the 42mm binocular model is also a bit lower than the 52mm model. Well, we can see that it’s a ‘TIE’ between the 10x42 Vs 10x50 Binoculars. Which is better 10x50 binoculars vs 1042 binoculars? While manufacturing the binoculars, whether it is a 10x50 or 10x42 model, the designers require extra glasses.

Vortex Diamondback 10×42 Vs 10×50 Binoculars-Detailed Comparison & Analysis Magnification and Objective Lens Diameter. A large exit pupil means more relaxed eye and less strain in 10×50’s while viewing the distant objects. In this section, we will discuss the benefits of our selected binocular models –. However, you can still make your final decision without much confusion –. It will be better, if you check my comprehensive discussion on 10x42 Vs 10x50 Binoculars for a clear understanding of this topic. How Much More Expensive?This depends on the brand, what price range of binoculars you are looking at and where in the world you are shopping, but in general, I have found that the price difference tends to be between 5% to 20% more for a 10x50 compared to the equivalent 10x42. These features makes them one of the best in their class. 10x42 Vs 10x50 Binoculars – The Differences. The 10×50 binoculars will have the same magnification as the 10×42 diamondbacks. Listed down below is a precise comparison of Vortex diamondback 10×42 VS 12×50 in terms of Pros and Cons. Studies regarding Statistics of depth clearly tells that binocular is a piece of vital equipment for spotting and observing any 3D object (meaning hunting animals in the wild). Well, it is pretty much obvious that for accommodating larger sized objective lenses, a binocular requires larger barrels. Having recently completed testing and reviewing the excellent Kite Lynx HD+ 10x50 binoculars, it reminded me how for some uses, this configuration makes the ideal solution and how for some users it can certainly make a better choice than the more commonly selected 10x42 combination. Based on my personal experiences and observations, I have designed this comparison article so that every outdoor lover can get some benefits from the following discussion. So in this article, I am going to go over the main differences in both the physical aspects and the optical performance that you can expect to get between a 10x42 binocular and a 10x50 one of similar quality. Compare all 10x42 & 10x50 binoculars reviewed on BBR, How Different Configurations Affect a Binocular, 7x50 vs 8x56 Binoculars for Astronomy & Daytime Surveillance. Figure 10x50 basically represents the power rating of the binocular, where the 1st number is the magnification, and the 2nd number is objective lens diameter. Contact Me | About Best Binoculars | Privacy | Sitemap |    Copyright © 2020 Best Binocular Reviews | Do You Want to Review Binoculars & Write for BBR? The 10×42’s have an objective lens diameter of 42mm while the 10×50’s is fitted with 50mm diameter objective lens. The distance or gap between the ocular lenses may create a hindrance to the view for smaller faced people. Both binoculars has rugged exterior with an dark green external rubber coating to keep it handy in the rain, snow, or any other harsh outdoor condition. 10×42 diamondback weighs 21.4 oz, while the diamondback 10×50 weighs 29.6 ounces. If you are looking for a binocular that is affordable with the most needed features, then I would suggest you to go for the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 binocular model. Answer: For bird watching, a binocular model that comes with 10x magnification power is the right choice. They both perform similar on bright days.

And probably this is the reason I, as of this date, have used varieties of binoculars for the mentioned purposes. Launched in 2016, the Vortex Diamondbacks have attracted to all class of binocular enthusiasts. This debate basically goes on and on…. We compare them on various parameters with our experience and detailed user reviews. Content on this site may contain affiliate links. If you want to add anything to the comparison, feel free to mention the same. Whether it is a 10x42 or 10x50 binocular, it doesn’t matter because image brightness depends on the type of coated lenses used in the mentioned binocular models. The Vortex 10×42 roof prism is priced cheaper than the 10×50’s model. Both Binoculars have big, comfortable central focusing wheel with ribs which are easily to fiddle with even with gloves on. With such a wide choice of binoculars available in the market, Vortex has created a distinct name amongst them. 10x42 Vs 10x50 Binoculars – which one will you choose? You don’t need to worry about glassing even If you are in humid, cold or misty weather conditions. If you make a purchase, As an Amazon associate binocularsguru may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. More light means more information and thus if all else is equal, there is the potential for brighter, better quality views through 10x50 binoculars versus 10x42 binoculars. But this time, you have got a PERFECT answer to this long-going debate on - 10x42 Vs 10x50 Binoculars. "All brand names and images are Registered Trademarks of their respective companies.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This size basically represents the ending point of the barrels. 10×42 Vs 10×50 Binoculars – [Ultimate Comparison]. The diamondback models are in 8×28, 10×28, 8×32, 10×32, 8×42, 10×42, 10×50 and 12×50 configuration. So why is this? According to ADFG (Alaska Department of Fishing and Game), a pair of 10x50 binoculars will produce brighter images than the 42mm ones. Also, larger lenses require more glass materials. The 10×42’s have an objective lens diameter of 42mm while the 10×50’s is fitted with … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. More info on all of this can be found in my complete guide to the Exit Pupil. 10x50 Binoculars For Sale in the USA, 10x42 Binoculars For Sale in the UK Best Binoculars Under 100 Dollars and $150 -Top 11 of 2020! Indeed I would go as far as to say that most users would not guess the difference if you were to swap their binoculars without them knowing. Also, the 50mm binocular is the perfect equipment that you can pick if you want to use it in lowlight conditions. Figure 10x42 basically represents the power rating of the binocular, where the 1st number is the magnification, and the 2nd number is objective lens diameter.

This debate basically goes on and on…. This has a bearing on the instruments overall dimensions and thus 10x50 binoculars are larger than 10x42s. Incidentally, 8x42 binoculars, which are generally considered the best all-rounders have exit pupils of around 5.25mm and thus as you can see, the 10x50mm configuration comes very close to matching this. For this reason, the 10x50 binocular model is a bit heavier than the 10x42 binocular model, if one uses the same glass materials for both. 10x42 Vs 10x50 Binoculars – which one will you choose?

The 10x42 binocular is slightly lighter than the 10x50 ones. If you are intending to use your binoculars in low light conditions such as dusk, dawn or cloudy weather then simply go for 10×50 diamondback binoculars. According to this theory, a 10x50 binocular model needs larger-sized barrels because of the size of its objective lens diameter is 50mm. How to Keep Your Feet Warm While Hunting.